Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eagles Dare

Did Boston Cathedral football get screwed out of a Superbowl victory?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

QB is going in for the winning TD and he raises his fist to the sky. Never looks or says anything to anybody, and hands the ball to the ref after scoring. Ref calls the play back for "taunting" and nullifies the TD. The pic below is the extent of the penalty:

boston-cathedral.jpg?w=385&h=240&crop=1

Now I'm all for not letting the kids act like the most of the asshats in the NFL, but this seems a little harsh to me. Just one more example of the PC pussifying of the US?

Back in the day, my center defense partner once told an attackman that he would "Break his ******* spine, just to watch you **** yourself if you twirl your stick around again after you score". The official who called the goal laughed all the way back to the face off. We all had a good time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMc View Post

I'm surprised a pats fan doesn't. headscratch.gif

Kill any thing this year? I saw one tail in 5 days. cwm13.gif

It's been a few years for the Pats. Don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of making it this year either.  cwm27.gif

I saw 2 deer in 6 days here. First one was over 100 yards away about 5 minutes before dark. Even through the scope I couldn't tell if it had antlers (no doe permit). Second one I killed, 40 yards through the heart. Monster 112lb. 3-pointer  smile.gif

3 pointer.JPG

It's been a few years for the Pats. Don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of making it this year either.  :laugh:

I saw 2 deer in 6 days here. First one was over 100 yards away about 5 minutes before dark. Even through the scope I couldn't tell if it had antlers (no doe permit). Second one I killed, 40 yards through the heart. Monster 112lb. 3-pointer  :)

600x450px-LL-305f48cb_3pointer.jpeg

It looks so sad.

The losing coach seemed OK with the call when interviewed on the news.

The winning coach pointed out that the kid had been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct earlier in the game, I think for taunting but don't recall for sure.

Celebrating before a play is over and while other players are trying to catch you could easily be interpreted as taunting, even if only meant as a spontaneous expression of joy.

Taunting other kids in high school sports results in violent and dangerous retaliation.

Winning a game is not about putting your opponent down. High school kids often need to be reminded of this.

Rules meant to prevent that behavior seem likely to do more good than harm.

Tough luck for the kid. He made a mistake and it cost his teammates a title. He is not, however, a victim.