Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

Vezco Racks

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Hi Leatherface,

I had one on my ford explorer and it worked out fine. I had a triple rack and I believe I paid $700 without the coolers. Tried it on my new truck and it was blocking too much air to the radiator. I exchanged the mounting piece that came out of the hitch with a friend trying to lower it more, but it still block the air flow too much. Sold it this past fall. Great rack.

Pete

Take a ride down and check out his stuff. He's got a whole room full of racks and what not. Deer Park is not too far from Ronkonkoma. He's going to want to see your vehicle anyway so he can measure the clearance of your grille and headlights.

I only paid $250 (single cooler), but I already had the mount and the receiver for it. I bought the mount and receiver (specific for my vehicle) used for $150. All together I paid $400.

I purchased the bigger rack used from a guy in LI for 220, came with all the coolers....My Yukon has a push bar and after setting up a appointment with Vezco upon arrival at his shop I was informed that he wont install racks that have a push bar on the truck...

So plan 2

I had the receivers welded at a local shop, and I also modified the brackets into a (Z) shape, so the rack would have plenty of clearance from the ground, added some yellow fog lamps, a lock and after 2 years I finally have a cooler rack that I never use, but it looks good when its on:D

LOL.. Well I hope to use mine as much as possible.

I was also thinking of installing a set of fog lights on mine. How did you wire up the fog lights? Did someone install a harness with a plug?

My brother in law who knows alot more about wiring electronics did all the wiring for me, I just secured the lights to the rack and insulated all the exterior wiring...

I am going to purchase the receiver this week online. I think it was $165 shipped for my truck.

Maybe I'll take a ride there on my next day off.

Before you do anything I would advise you to let Rob take a look at it first.His # is 631-667 4191

Before you do anything I would advise you to let Rob take a look at it first.His # is 631-667 4191

Meaning what? I shouldn't even buy the front receiver yet? Either way I think I would need that anyway. I also plan on using it for my bike rack too. Rob is the owner?

I was thinking of getting this Curt front receiver.

LOL.. Well I hope to use mine as much as possible.

I was also thinking of installing a set of fog lights on mine. How did you wire up the fog lights? Did someone install a harness with a plug?

Talk to audiofx about the wiring.....