Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acedoc

recommend a good travel rod

12 posts in this topic

Hello Acedoc

Depends what you want to do with it, i use a few, mostly for freshwater fishing!

I have a shimano exage 6/7 ft  travel rod for about 10 years!

More recent a John wilson avon Quiver 11 ft with a match tip and 3 Quivertips

They both fit in my suitcase and i take them all over the world

Õn my wishlist for matchfishing is a fladen 13 ft travel rod, also

fits in a suitcase!

The John Wilson and the Fladen are under 100$ us but the Shimano is still well over 100$ us

i´m afraid!

Regards Peter

Ugly Stick makes a cheap and TOUGH travel rod. St Croix makes a Triumph in a travel rod that comes in a nice case. It depends on what style you want and how big. Let us know I can narrow it down a bit for ya.

cheap and tough is the ticket ! i will be using (abusing) this rod all over india when i travel the countryside and it will be used for mahseer, saltties and snakehead duties. i prefer a max length of 8 ft.i would rather wait and get a better rod like the st croix , although most of my arsenal is ugly stick. i have no issues with the brand just the cost and function matter.

I highly recommend the LL Bean Travel Series rods. I have TFO's, Albright's, and St Croix Tidemasters but the LL Bean is better than all of them in my opinion.

St. Croix makes a bunch of travel rods. The Tidemasters and the Triumphs are two I know of (for a fact) off the top of my head that are available in the travel 4 piece configuration. All the travel rods are a lot more expensive though considering there are 3 ferrule connections instead of 0 or 1 on a normal rod. I think the Triumphs are about $130-140 depending on which one you get.

thanks guys ! it will either be the tsunami or a st croix .

it is great to have your experience guide rookies like me !

ps-

am off for a week to a part of India which has not seen much angling action, should get some decent sized catfish and snakeheads.

i also just realized after reading the book river monsters and seeing the series that the wallagu we have in my country strangely resembles a wels catfish. just needs to be scaled up and voila !

St. Croix makes a bunch of travel rods. The Tidemasters and the Triumphs are two I know of (for a fact) off the top of my head that are available in the travel 4 piece configuration. All the travel rods are a lot more expensive though considering there are 3 ferrule connections instead of 0 or 1 on a normal rod. I think the Triumphs are about $130-140 depending on which one you get.

The Tidemaster travel rods only come in 3 piece configurations.

Thoroughly recommend St Croix Tidemaster TIS76HF3 - a little more in your budget, but just right for the fish you are talking about, the mahseer can grow very big, and are extremely hardy fighters, with this in mind you might find your Tsunami's lacking.