Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Question for Conservatives

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

If your policies are so clearly better,

why can't you find a candidate that your party will support to make a viable run at POTUS TELEMAXUS?

Seems the libs in the bunch dominate party support.

What gives?

The policies have become ancillary to the discussion.

Honestly. Can you point to a policy that is in place by the current administration that supercedces the personality?

John McCain didn't lose to policy, he lost to personality.

The policies have become ancillary to the discussion.

Honestly. Can you point to a policy that is in place by the current administration that supercedces the personality?

John McCain didn't lose to policy, he lost to personality.

No, he lost to health care reform. Don't kid yourself. Obama has no personality.

It is really simple for the most part the process itself keeps good candidates away. Who doesn't have any dirty laundry? Cain is an example of this. Wither or not he did anything the fact the opposition digs up everything they can to discredit them. What usually than happen is we get a bunch of people who are to clean to actually have done anything good? leaders make enemies.

it works both for Democrats and Republicans does anybody really think that Joe Kennedy doe not aspire to more than giving away oil? there are some serious skeletons in that closet.

and let’s say you don't want to run a a republican or Democrat than you clime is all the more difficult because the 2 parties put so many roadblocks in place the person who what’s to do it that way need to have the means like Ross Perou.

I think the same thing could be asked of any party challenging the incumbency in the run up to the primaries. This is no different than any other election cycle I've ever seen.

No, he lost to health care reform. Don't kid yourself. Obama has no personality.

Thats not what the media said and that was certainly not what was being sold to America in 2007 & 2008.

Wasn't Chris Matthews "tingling" with delight? Was it the prospect of policy or personality that conjured these psycho-physical reactions from the pundits?

The primary policy was Anti-War. Healthcare reform was Hillary's baby.

You can cling to your beliefs though...

I totally disagree

I think Ron Reagan did a great job with a simple message empowering the individual and that carried right over to Newt and the Contract with America, so much so that Clinton ran and governed on essentially the same platform.

I think the republican party has gotten so entrenched in partisanship and corporatism, that it's lost it message about empowering the individual and no one is making a good argumenent about how we are going to get out of this mess and return america to the people.

Fundmantally the platform is appealing to (IMO) most americans, but the message is lost in is the sea of hyperbole and negatism.

I think that is what was so appealing about Cain.

He wasn't running a negative campaign. He was running on the celebration of middle class america and the dream that your destiny isn't written in birth rights.

IMO, John McCain because he could not shake his ties to Bush. Obama kept referring to Bush throughout the campain even tagging McCain to Bush policies that McCain opposed.

The country was in a free fall and there was no way a republican was ever going to win that election.

IMO, John McCain because he could not shake his ties to Bush. Obama kept referring to Bush throughout the campain even tagging McCain to Bush policies that McCain opposed.

The country was in a free fall and there was no way a republican was ever going to win that election.

Therefore personality trumped policy.

JOhn McCain was just another republican.

A better example was Bush vs Gore.

Possibly a point where people considered Policy (or dangerous Policy) as a factor.

The social security argument loomed large. Bush said he wanted it privatized or at least modified. He demonstrated a policy.

Gore was ill-prepared and blurted out some such non-sence about a "lock-box".

Gore was convinced that the main policy concern was Global Warming. People found him irritatng but more so the Policy was frightening.

Personality -wise, Bush was affable and simple, Gore was arrogant and coupled with his "policies" or lack of policy, he couldn't pull it together

Therefore personality trumped policy.

JOhn McCain was just another republican.

A better example was Bush vs Gore.

Possibly a point where people considered Policy (or dangerous Policy) as a factor.

The social security argument loomed large. Bush said he wanted it privatized or at least modified. He demonstrated a policy.

Gore was ill-prepared and blurted out some such non-sence about a "lock-box".

Gore was convinced that the main policy concern was Global Warming. People found him irritatng but more so the Policy was frightening.

Personality -wise, Bush was affable and simple, Gore was arrogant and coupled with his "policies" or lack of policy, he couldn't pull it together

not to mention Bush announced he was giving out refund checks if you voted for him

a few things on that election

Gore and Clinton were fueding and Gore thought Clinton was a liablity which didn't help the party unite.

and then Bush was brilliant at capturing the black christian vote in keys states right from under the dems noses.

not to mention Bush announced he was giving out refund checks if you voted for him

a few things on that election

Gore and Clinton were fueding and Gore thought Clinton was a liablity which didn't help the party unite.

and then Bush was brilliant at capturing the black christian vote in keys states right from under the dems noses.

would you say it was Policy or Personality, or it was so balanced we had to go recount?

would you say it was Policy or Personality, or it was so balanced we had to go recount?

Hard to say, by that election, policy between the dems and the republicans was blurred, economically, I think they were nearly identical. I don't think the tax and spend label was sticking since Clinton was in office and was able to take credit for some of the policy reversal, like cutting welfare.

I do think with the black christian vote, it was clearly policy.

I also think Bush had no problem being the front man in team republican, being advised by so many of his dad's advsors.

Gore's personality hurt him

Bush's personality helped him

Today, economic policy is on trial. Certainly charisma helps. If the republicans have a solid plan for turning things around, they are doing a good job at hiding it