Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Mad Deckhand

Turning in my fan card

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

After enduring years of dashed hopes and horrible free agent crash and burn ineptitude, I am seriously considering hanging up my Cooley jersey for good.

Steve Spurier?

Dany worful?

Vinney cerato?

A thousand injuries I had born unto these insufferable buffoons as best as I could....I can take it no more.

The latest injury to my soul, was getting booted from the team's official message board - all for agreeing with a sportscaster who is often critical of the Redskins. 7 years of my life.....not even a chance to say goodbye. :(

The Redskins don't care about me. They never once called me when I needed a friend, they never sent me a card when I was in the hospital, and they certainly don't give a crap that I'm leaving, now.

This whole affair was completely one sided from the start. Like all of the great loves of my life, it existed only in my mind.

If you look hard enough - we can even see the string....

The only thing that was real, was the way that I felt. [swallows hard]

I bit my tongue when we became the over-priced joke of the NFL, I cringed in horror when the swinging gate slammed into our face, but getting tossed for voicing my opinion was the final humiliation.

This has been a long time coming....a little too long.

Fear not - Gary Clark will forever be running free in my heart .....making the big catch over the middle and taking the hit!

I'm not mad.

I'm not crying.

I'm just leaving.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2532265/width/455/height/700]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2532261/width/499/height/585]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2532319/width/600/height/400]

:(

Nah...you are a lifer. This too shall pass...

"I tried to get out but they pulled me back in"

I feel your pain deck.I am right there with you.Tough times followed by tougher times....Mike Shanahan is the worst insult that we have ever had to endure.

Our great franchise has lost its' way......

Hey Deck..I noticed that Riggo's show has been off the air for a while.Last time I saw it John was delivering a vicious anti.Shanahan rant that seemed to be copied straight from my e mails and posts.Did he get the boot from masn?

Nah...you are a lifer. This too shall pass...

"I tried to get out but they pulled me back in"

I feel your pain deck.I am right there with you.Tough times followed by tougher times....Mike Shanahan is the worst insult that we have ever had to endure.

Our great franchise has lost its' way......

Hey Deck..I noticed that Riggo's show has been off the air for a while.Last time I saw it John was delivering a vicious anti.Shanahan rant that seemed to be copied straight from my e mails and posts.Did he get the boot from masn?

Not sure. Danny boy has control of things in a very cult-sh manner. He owns the skins message board now, amongst other important media talking heads.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Soylent burgundy and gold is people! THEY'RE PEOPLE!!!!

Sadly, Snyder will have to take the same root as Al Davis before there's any hope. :(

Don't tease me like that. :(

I was the biggest homer ever...and for years on end.....

Kill me mr T! Bust me up with them gold chains....GO FOR IT!

Dan has total control over the local Redskins media.Everyone gets paid.Fans are manipulated mercilessly.Those of us that dare to speak the truth end up shunned and vilified by friends and fellow Redskins fans.

That really hurts.

Being called disloyal for speaking out is especially painful.

There is no room for the truth at the Redskins' table at this point.

Mike Shanahan has turned our team into an icon for dishonesty and scapegoating.He and Snyder are together are a formidable destructive force.We have gone from" laughing stock" of the NFL to being an "ugly stain" on pro sports..

But real Skins fans will endure and survive somehow.Our day will come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Deckhand View Post

When? It's one thing to wait in vain; it's quite another to have to put up with being a complete joke while you do it.

mad.gif

When our young players take control of the team and provide leadership.

Williams, Armstrong,Orakpo,Kerrigan,Helu,Jarvis,Davis..most of these guys will be here after Kyle and Mike are gone.

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.Even brainwashed fans are going to notice that we have lost 7 of the last 8 games...and that Shanahan's 2 year record here is inferior to both Spurrier and Zorn's...mad.gif

When our young players take control of the team and provide leadership.

Williams, Armstrong,Orakpo,Kerrigan,Helu,Jarvis,Davis..most of these guys will be here after Kyle and Mike are gone.

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.Even brainwashed fans are going to notice that we have lost 7 of the last 8 games...and that Shanahan's 2 year record here is inferior to both Spurrier and Zorn's...:mad:

After sleeping on this, I am firmly convinced that I have done the right thing. :)

I don't wish the Redskins players or fans, any ill will - by the same token, I would be lying if I said that I "wish them all the best" as I no longer really care. 30+ years of being a fan, and not so much as the guy who cleans the crapper at Redskins park ever once saying "Hey, thanks man! Thanks for believing in us through the Norv Turner years! Thanks for coming to the games and buying merchandise....thanks for putting up with other teams fans laughing at you."

They don't care and I certainly don't expect them to.

What happens to the old / injured players that fought their guts out for their team when they are washed up?

They end up on the scrap pile.

That's just the way it is - It's a business. That being said, consider yourselves cut, Redskins! Turk will drop by with your stuff, please give him the keys to your locker.

If they really don't care, why should I?

Don't call me, I'll call you!

I have a brother in law who, after the Boston Bruins blew a 3-0 lead to Philly in the playoffs two years ago, swore the same thing - and vowed to burn his Bruins apparel/hats/and other gear...that lasted about 1 week...and now after last year, you couldn't rip that gear off him...LOL

I know for me and you, this is only hockey and not the same thing as football...but in his world, it is

I have a brother in law who, after the Boston Bruins blew a 3-0 lead to Philly in the playoffs two years ago, swore the same thing - and vowed to burn his Bruins apparel/hats/and other gear...that lasted about 1 week...and now after last year, you couldn't rip that gear off him...LOL

I know for me and you, this is only hockey and not the same thing as football...but in his world, it is

I've really had enough. It hasn't been fun for a while now, feel much better, really hope I don't reverse myself - I know how that is.

I'm not a big redskins fan but did follow them with some interest when I lived down in Fairfax Co in the late 70's to the mid 80's...pretty much right to the demise of Joe Thiesman (and while I'm referring to the same season where he graphically broke his leg, I'm more so specifically referring to how the fans were calling for him to be pulled/released or whatever for pretty much for weeks leading into the game that ultimately finished his career)...I think people forget this period of time leading into that game and 'misremember' everything as hunky dory up to the leg break, which then 'tragically' cut his career short....he was done and the fans gave up on him only a year or two after two consecutive SB appearances (winning one of them)

I'm not a big redskins fan but did follow them with some interest when I lived down in Fairfax Co in the late 70's to the mid 80's...pretty much right to the demise of Joe Thiesman (and while I'm referring to the same season where he graphically broke his leg, I'm more so specifically referring to how the fans were calling for him to be pulled/released or whatever for pretty much for weeks leading into the game that ultimately finished his career)...I think people forget this period of time leading into that game and 'misremember' everything as hunky dory up to the leg break, which then 'tragically' cut his career short....he was done and the fans gave up on him only a year or two after two consecutive SB appearances (winning one of them)

I remember in 1989 two years removed from victory in the Superbowl, fans chanting "Joe must go" at supposedly sacred RFK stadium. Shameful - that kind of stuff broke my heart. :mad: