Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bluebird

Gloves

7 posts in this topic

I use SealSkinz they are pretty thin & keep my hands warm and were pretty cheap on ebay. When it gets real coid I use Aquaskins but I prefer the others

I bought a pair of neoprene Glacier Gloves that have a slit on the index finger for fishing.  Even when wet they provide some protection from the cold..    

Good thread in the NJ forum about gloves. I've been using glaciers for a while. The good: waterproof material so they don't get saturated, hooks don't tend to get snagged. The bad: stiff and tight. Sometimes I think my fingers get colder because of reduced circulation.... I'm going to try some other types/brands.

NJ thread: http://www.stripersonline.com/t/826922/gloves-for-fishing

best gloves ive used so far are the gacier gloves with the split finger. even when they get wet, they still provide some warmth. ive used other gloves such as aquaskinz and once they get wet they are pretty much worthless.

wool military surplus glove liners. two pairs if it's real cold, they're cheap enough. Used to wear neoprene but the wool does a much better job of keeping you warm once you get wet. And if you catch fish the neoprenes won't be waterproof very long.

Also, even before either the bass teeth wore through the neoprene, or the seams started leaking, any glove I tried on that was warm enough, was either too bulky, too expensive to be wearing through a couple pairs a season, or both.

With the wool liners, they come in sizes, so I have a pair that's tight and a pair the next size up. with two pairs on, they're still thin enough to fish.

I just put up my Fish n Dive for the year "ran out of time to fish from the yak" and have been using a pair of Neoprene gloves my wife found at Dick's sporting goods about a month ago.  They were Hot Shot Neoprene gloves.  They aren't insulated, but dry has been warm for me here in Maryland, and I can still cast, rig, and paddle with a sure grip with them on.