Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moonpool

GIVE UP YOUR REFUND?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I don't get a refund, but if I did, are you crazy?

And trust that the gov't won' t somehow funnel my money into union coffers or pay for free cell phones for someone who has never paid a dime in taxes?

Maybe like in CT, my money can be confiscated to pay for diapers for those who probably shouldn't have had offspring in the first place.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them.

Better yet give my money to companies like Solyndra and if they fail, make sure there's a provision that the private investors get paid back first, before I do.

It's like puttng money in a slot machine that you know is rigged and you expect to win anyway.

How about the government proves it can be responsible with it's spending habits first.

(It'll never happen)

Then I'll think about joining in.

No. My refund will go into pre 1965 gold coins to help me preserve a portion of my assets in the coming inflation. The government will find enough ways to continue to devalue our money and pick our pockets.

Mick makes a point that I think many do not understand.

Inflation is taking money out of your bank account to pay for all the things the government gave away or borrowed.

So it is transferring your wealth to someone else... someone the government prefers over you... in essence, someone the government decides deserves the fruits of your labor more than you do.

Inflation favors those who are in debt at the expense of those who have been frugal and wise and saved. Inflation is a tax on the frugal, and it is not even a tax created by elected officials. It is created by the Fed and the Treasury Secretary as they wish.

The only consolation I can see from the coming inflation is this... when a loaf of bread costs $25, if I still have income coming it, it won't be hard to pay off the remainder of my mortgage. What I borrowed for my house will be the dollar equivalent of a week's groceries.

Creating a stable currency is one of the constitutionally mandated legitimate functions of the Federal government. You decide if they are doing what they are required to do.

More on point for the thread...

If you are getting a tax refund, you are giving the government free use of your money for much of one year.

Adjust your withholding documents so that the correct amount is withheld and learn to save the extra yourself.

If you think you are not good at saving, then create an account that is hard to get to... that does not have an ATM card on it... like an account at FNBO or ING Direct online. Then instead of having the government take a chunk out each week (and then "give" it back months later) make an auto deposit from your paycheck into your own account. Pay yourself, not the government. With hold it yourself.

If you end up owing a little due to income fluctuation, or slight under withholding, then the cash is in the account. All it takes is one hour to do the paperwork to make it happen.

If you are getting a tax refund, you are giving the government free use of your money for much of one year.

Adjust your withholding documents so that the correct amount is withheld and learn to save the extra yourself.

If you think you are not good at saving, then create an account that is hard to get to... that does not have an ATM card on it... like an account at FNBO or ING Direct online. Then instead of having the government take a chunk out each week (and then "give" it back months later) make an auto deposit from your paycheck into your own account. Pay yourself, not the government. With hold it yourself.

If you end up owing a little due to income fluctuation, or slight under withholding, then the cash is in the account. All it takes is one hour to do the paperwork to make it happen.

And start investing in silver and gold. Even a small bit at a time. Paper currency will not hold value in a high/hyper inflation scenario. Not to be alarmist but that is a plausible scenario.

This is a good idea and makes a lot of sense. You just have to have discipline which I don't have..

And start investing in silver and gold. Even a small bit at a time. Paper currency will not hold value in a high/hyper inflation scenario. Not to be alarmist but that is a plausible scenario.

I hope people aren't setting them selves up with the Gold Hoarding....

I could be wrong, but I believe this can still be done with the stroke of a pen.

You'd have to turn in your Gold at a price determined by the Government....last time they confiscated it and sold it at a huge profit to fund programs.

You could hide it I guess and wait for better times, but it would be worthless unless you converted it to cash.

Stayed this way until the early 70's

I don't know much about it so I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.....but it seems to be a risky place to have ones money these days.

Another opinion here that disputes the sense of getting a refund in the first plsce. Why the hell would anyone want to PAY MORE IN TAXES THAN NECESSARY??!! Pay what you owe and not a penny more. W T F is the point of giving the *******g federal government an interest free loan?

WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO GIVE UP YOUR RE FUND AND APPLY IT TO TEG BALANCEING OF THE BUDGET??

LETS OPINE ON THIS!

Nope, no how, no way. Until, that is, our .Gov proves it can control, then cut, Spending. To do otherwise is like giving an Alcoholic a Jug of Vodka every Day then wondering why he is always Drunk.

Hmm let's see...Give more of my money to the folks who caused the mess in the first place?

Sure why not, I give money to crack heads all of the time...

all it takes for me to open my wallet is them to tell me they'll put the money toward rehab.

I believe them every single time too

:kook:

First I would need to see a balanced budget amentment with NO weasle clause. When the govt budget HAS to be balanced every year, then I will contributute my refund as long as it can ONLY be used to reduce the national debt. Giving more money to this spending addicted administration would be like pitzing in the desert to creat waterfront property.

First I would need to see a balanced budget amentment with NO weasle clause. When the govt budget HAS to be balanced every year, then I will contributute my refund as long as it can ONLY be used to reduce the national debt. Giving more money to this spending addicted administration would be like pitzing in the desert to creat waterfront property.

It has to have more that no weasel clause.

Unless it includes provisions that make it nearly impossible to raise taxes, then all congress will do with a BBA is spend all they want, and raise taxes to try to cover it.

Of course they will fail because raising taxes will choke productivity, but they will do it anyway. NOTHING will make them stop spending as long as they can borrow and print money and raise taxes.