Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JettyGuy

THE NICEST THING A FISHING BUDDY EVER DID FOR YOU!!!

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Happy,healthy and prosperous holidays to everyone.:)

In keeping with the caring and forgiving holiday spirit, I got to thinking about the many good friends I have made due to fishing,some who have profoundly affected my life, others who have simply made it more fun to be on this earthly plain.

About two years a go I was recovering from a hooking accident and had been sidelined for six weeks while the tendon healed. The doc at the time said no more fishing for you for at least a year...but my "inner doc",decided to overrule the prognosis...so on a particularly crisp, September, fall night, I found myself hooking up with a nice school of keeper sized fish. It was great just me casting a needle fish and hooking up with about twenty, early, fall run fish in four hours.

What could possibly go wrong?... things were just too perfect for any doom or gloom on such a fine, beautiful, fishy night. That is, until....I got back in my truck and the" fishmobile" would not go in reverse....incoming tide beginning to nip at my front wheels...front tires resting on an upgraded ledge..waves coming over the top....1am...no one around...I WANT MY MOMMY...HELP!!! :(

Fortunately for me...my friends who were exhausted from fishing all day....one suffering from the flu...the other fighting a potentially deadly disease(Thank God He's winning) and another who is the most vigorous 75 year old fisherman you''ll ever see....cared enough to show up on the beach and save my butt! I hated to have to phone them....but they knew I would have done the same for them. They had this gadget called a COME ALONG...which enabled them to incrementally angle my truck so it could be driven off the beach...took them four hours....ONLY GOOD FRIENDS WOULD DO THAT...ANGELS!!! I'll never forget these guys.

Any of you fine sportsmen and women ...have a similar story of how your buddies came to your rescue or how you helped a friend in need,out?

two instances I will never forget. a few years ago at demo late fall run of micro bass early dec. wearing a neoprene top in water to our waist I am switching a lure witch i armpitted the rod "10 1-piece lami/706z" $400-- took my attention off what i was doing and spash!!! my rod and reel are in the drink! for me it happened in slow motion :shock: but thankfully "aka fishlife" surcasterzx2- frank did not take a second thought and drop right down to the water and recovered my set up!! dam cold water / air temp and all! Thanks again frank.

2nd one was a nice oct weekend tourney on sore thumb- we were slingin bunker and just laughing are asses off having a good time breaking chopps, I go to my rod and put fresh meat on " now i had a habbit of walking out up to my neck to cast" cause i started surfcasting in long beach wich you could walk a 1/4 mile out and not be over your head some days! well I am starting to walk out and "woosh" i hit a hole and a wave caught me at the same time and down i went!! by time I had my head up out of the water "Hemi" ed had his arm wrapped around me for dear life ! for a big guy he can move pretty dam fast :D - Thank you ed!

every one have a safe and happy holiday season!

Audio 1fx...it was very nice meeting you at the the MSA HURRICANE BARBEQUE..LOL. Hope you are well and had a good season. I am still fishing...but it may be time...unless I get the WORD that the fish are busting, to ease down. Happy holidays to you and yours.

two instances I will never forget. a few years ago at demo late fall run of micro bass early dec. wearing a neoprene top in water to our waist I am switching a lure witch i armpitted the rod "10 1-piece lami/706z" $400-- took my attention off what i was doing and spash!!! my rod and reel are in the drink! for me it happened in slow motion :shock: but thankfully "aka fishlife" surcasterzx1- frank did not take a second thought and drop right down to the water and recovered my set up!! dam cold water / air temp and all! Thanks again frank.

2nd one was a nice oct weekend tourney on sore thumb- we were slingin bunker and just laughing are asses off having a good time breaking chopps, I go to my rod and put fresh meat on " now i had a habbit of walking out up to my neck to cast" cause i started surfcasting in long beach wich you could walk a 1/4 mile out and not be over your head some days! well I am starting to walk out and "woosh" i hit a hole and a wave caught me at the same time and down i went!! by time I had my head up out of the water "Hemi" ed had his arm wrapped around me for dear life ! for a big guy he can move pretty dam fast :D - Thank you ed!

every one have a safe and happy holiday season!

rob remember that night at the marina, when you dropped your rod in the drink and I fished it out for ya? :D

rob remember that night at the marina, when you dropped your rod in the drink and I fished it out for ya? :D

Pft , they never remember do they :rolleyes: . That makes it 3 if i counted correctly lol:D.. Good man Frank !!!..

Pft , they never remember do they :rolleyes: . That makes it 3 if i counted correctly lol:D.. Good man Frank !!!..

thanks Marty, I try and lend a hand to my fellow fisherman, friend or whoever. I busted robs balls last night about the marina incident though! Lol :D

8 years ago Tworms saved my life under the Montauk lighthouse. Rogue wave that seemed like it was 50 ft. High slammed us, he managed to scramble up the rocks, I got picked up and dropped upside down between rocks and under water if he wasn't there I would no doubt be dead, THANKS BROTHER! Broke a reel off the foot, bruised ribs, busted rod. Fished next night and cleaned up.. THANKS AGAIN TONY!

:hi5:

8 years ago Tworms saved my life under the Montauk lighthouse. Rogue wave that seemed like it was 50 ft. High slammed us, he managed to scramble up the rocks, I got picked up and dropped upside down between rocks and under water if he wasn't there I would no doubt be dead, THANKS BROTHER! Broke a reel off the foot, bruised ribs, busted rod. Fished next night and cleaned up.. THANKS AGAIN TONY!

You would've done the same for me brother , no thanks necessary... One scary night !!!

:love:

You would've done the same for me brother , no thanks necessary... One scary night !!!

Thanks bro......

A lot of good people here......