Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fredm

Stingray Tackle's Customer Service and Aqua 40 reel

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

I've owned this reel for just about a year now. It has turned into my favorite reel. With their incredible customer service Stingray is likely to remain on top of my list for new tackle.

I use my Aqua 40 at least 2-3x/week in all situations. I use it on ly 10 ft. Emblem to cast out beyond the break, on mu 7 fdt. emblem for closer to the beach fishing. It has performed flawlessly except for a non-functioing bait runner. I brough it in last week for repair.

I went in today to pick it up. I left the store with a brand new reel. No questions asked. When I was told they were giving me a new reel I was shocked. They told me that that was what the 2 year warranty was for. Let me tell you I have heavily fished on that little Aqua 40. It has seen plenty of use and abuse. No questions asked, just here is your new reel. I am still pretty amazed.

I also want to tell everyone that for a bait runner this little reel will cast a mile. I am by no means what I consider to be anything but an average disance caster. That reel will cast 3 - 4 oz a good 150 yds plus. I would love to see how it would perform in the hands of someone that really know what they were doing.

I am planning on buying one of the Team Alabama 13 ft' rods by the end of the month. I am very likey going to go with Stingray's Aqua 50 to pair it with.It's a good buy at a little over a $100.  I have a good feling it will be a great match.