Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kooky

Does late fall mean late spring?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

With the late run of fish we had push through at the end of November, does this translate to a late spring or is there no interrelation? Having only fished the surf for a few years, i have had no experience with a late run like this. What are people's opinions? Will the late push south mean a later or delayed push north in the spring or is there no interrelation?

We had a late spring this year, in my limited opinion, and a late fall hence my curiosity if this will be the new pattern or if every year is completely different.

With having a new baby due in late march/ early april, i really wouldnt mind a late start... :D

Old saying around here..."If you don't like New Engalnd weather...Wait a minute."

I don't think it's a permanent shift in climate, it's just part of nature to keep us on our toes.

2010 / 2011 Brought record snow

2010 was a nice long hot summer with one stellar weekend after another.

2009 brought that summer that never was.

2007 We were swimming out in little naggy bay in early may.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of rhyme or reason to the seasons.

Actually - the fact that fish are leaving late this year has little bearing on the spring...the spring run will begin in earnest when the combination of water temps and bait is right...If the water temps are above normal for this time of year, and we have a normal winter in terms of temps, perhaps the water temps over the course of the winter won't drop quite as far as it typically drops and the spring run could start early - provided bait is also available.

Conversely- if we have the winter from hell this season, the run could start later...we won't know until we get there