Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Klein

DelMarVa Fishin' Reports; December 1 - December 15

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

Conditions have been relatively decent, and while it's been a slow pick from the beach of late, there's still plentiful fish fairly close by. Here's hoping they take a shoreward turn soon.

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? ;)

Go fish

10 hours on the beach yesterday, 1 spiny dog and a bunch of skates for me. One 20' shorty for my buddy Bruce. He has caught more shorts this fall than both of us have caught in the last 3 years combined. There has got to be one keeper out there. Well over a hundred hours on the beach for both of us in the last 3 weeks with nothing to show for it. Will be out all day today also.

John

Fished OC beach Friday afternoon. Tried to get out before high tide but was too busy. Wind was SSW when I got out switching to S later in the day. Water clarity was pretty good. I set up 4 rods with bait and made about a dozen casts with lures. Caught about a dozen of the big freakish skates (winter skate?). They fight like a tire, just dead weight. Released 32" striper on bait and a short, about 13" on a lure. After dark nothing but spiny dogs. Going to try to get out there again today.

John

Hit the beach today south of IRI, threw my share of lures & had a few bait rods out - two small bumps which lead to a 15" flounder and a skate...was a great day out but not much to show for...pretty much sums up the entire fall season for me so far. Maybe things will turn around this month, definitely gonna give it a go a few more times.

congrats chris.... lookin like a salesman :D

i fished AI saturday and sunday morning.... left early today due and emergency, but everything is ok.

Only thing I caught was a cold.... glad i could bring some luck to others tho.... man this skunk feels like 200lbs on my back :(;)

Fished last of the outgoing at IRI Saturday night. Started out tossing lures on the north jetty wasn't feeling it ...little erie out there. Went to the south side. No one was over there either. Ended up catching a nice looking 24 incher and losing another one. Fished O.C. surf all Sunday. Caught one Skateasourus (this thing was huge) and a smaller one. A little later we lost a monster blue in the wash and that was it.

Fished all day Saturday and Sunday. Only thing I caught...

Fished lures and bait from the beach one day and worked eels from the kayak behind Chincoteague the other day. Saw one nice fish taken on eels two pilings over from me; otherwise I didn't see any other action.

Steam that fat ba$tard. Bait thief!

Question:

When you all fish lures from the beach: What do you typically use? I am looking for something else to do while feeding the crabs.

This week: anyone fishing this Thursday/ Friday? I am on the fence whether to stay in Del or hit AI/ MD or AI/Va? Thoughts? I am not looking for a spot burn – just frustrated.:mad: I am tired of just cleaning sand out of my truck after a trip. Prefer to clean a few fish instead.

When you all fish lures from the beach: What do you typically use? I am looking for something else to do while feeding the crabs.

I throw all kinds of lures. Different diving and surface plugs, pencil poppers, swimming minnows, bucktails, swim shad and metal. I have not lure fished as much this fall as I normally do, but I have mainly been using metal like Ava jigs, Hopkins spoons or Stingsilvers for max distance and always with a teaser. I have had my best luck on the chartreuse and white Stingsilvers this fall but I have also been throwing them more than anything else because where I am fishing the beach is pretty flat.

John

Fished the beach in NOC Sat.,Sun. Mon.Caught and released 1- 26" striper on a fresh bunker chunk near the afternoon high tide on Mon. Fish was fat and healthy. that was it !!!