Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nalu22

Winter Project's Have Begun!

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of those i need to do the same to. I think i am going the BB route instead of water. I just need to find some free time and do some searching of how many BBs in each size Red fin.

one thing to keep in mind when loading redfins or bombers is that you'll find their base weights can vary significantly depending on when or where they were made...so just blindly adding the same load can result in different actions. I used to weigh each lure and set up different base weight categories which would receive a determined amount of load based on swim tests I did for each weight category. Once you set it up it's easy...if you just dump the same load in all, you may have a few plugs that don't have the action you expect.

I'm glad you mentioned this, I was holding a bone and another one in my hand. The bone felt heavier and better constructed/thicker plastic, I just figured I was imagining things. :)

-Kevin

one thing to keep in mind when loading redfins or bombers is that you'll find their base weights can vary significantly depending on when or where they were made...so just blindly adding the same load can result in different actions. I used to weigh each lure and set up different base weight categories which would receive a determined amount of load based on swim tests I did for each weight category. Once you set it up it's easy...if you just dump the same load in all, you may have a few plugs that don't have the action you expect.