Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Celloman2639

Need your expert help - D- Blue Fishing

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I am not a rod builder but am in the market for a new rod.  Unfortunately I had a horrible accident today where I had my new Lamiglas split in two and my new Penn Battle 6000 wrecked! 

Just by doing some google searches I came across D-Blue Fishing.  The rods seem to be a custom type rod made to rival the larger factory rods.  Below is from their website indicating some specs.  I'm not sure if the Blank is common or not? I was hoping for some feedback if anyone had experience with these rods.  They are very well priced!

These High Modulus Titanium Graphite Rods provide superb strength yet lightweight

constructions to enhance the casting experiences.

1. Titanium Graphite TC4 blank.

2. Fuji Deluxe seat (DPS-20) and Guide size 50, 30, 25, 20, 16, 12 & size 12 Tip-top. The guides and

tip-top are high quality imported Titanium Oxide rings in Gun-metal SS frames.

3. High Quality upper and lower EVA grips.

4. Comfortable Fuji style round soft butt-cap and EVA butt-grip.

I am not a rod builder but am in the market for a new rod.  Unfortunately I had a horrible accident today where I had my new Lamiglas split in two and my new Penn Battle 6000 wrecked! 

Just by doing some google searches I came across D-Blue Fishing.  The rods seem to be a custom type rod made to rival the larger factory rods.  Below is from their website indicating some specs.  I'm not sure if the Blank is common or not? I was hoping for some feedback if anyone had experience with these rods.  They are very well priced!

These High Modulus Titanium Graphite Rods provide superb strength yet lightweight

[/TR]

[TR]

constructions to enhance the casting experiences.

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

1. Titanium Graphite TC4 blank.

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

2. Fuji Deluxe seat (DPS-20) and Guide size 50, 30, 25, 20, 16, 12 & size 12 Tip-top. The guides and

[/TR]

[TR]

tip-top are high quality imported Titanium Oxide rings in Gun-metal SS frames.

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

3. High Quality upper and lower EVA grips.

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

4. Comfortable Fuji style round soft butt-cap and EVA butt-grip.

[/TR]

Celloman, i think you should post your question in the main forum as i know a lot of guys like and fish the DBlue rods. I normally refer people from the main forum to this one, but your question i believe will get more user feedback on the main. Good luck

Celloman,

In the USA the word custom gets used a lot even to describe products that are not in fact Custom. All you have there is a rough spec for a rod. Some Factory rods have very high guide and handle specs and other components and the blank to. Many these days are built to a good standard to. All we do is hopefully put together the various components with options to suit our customer better so they have a rod that fully fits them 100%.

You will get a heap of opinions on an internet forum. Truth is the only way you will know is if you drop the cash and buy the rod and fish it. You can never ever know a rod or blank through the eyes and hands of others. A new rod or blank is always a leap of faith. I have a shop full of discarded blanks to give testement to that. LOL.

Just how do you know if the Guy giving an opinion knows the heck what he is talking about and even if he does, does he have anything in common in how he fishes with you?

Mike