Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HanoverStriper

Black Penn 710

9 posts in this topic

I recently came accross a black Penn 710, not a Z. Unfortunately I don't have any pics. I didn't know they were ever made in black. Are these fairly rare, or were they in high production for a period? Is the value approximately the same as a greenie? Thanks, Steve

You might want to check SOL's Search (Penn 710 reel) a lot of info on on the 710 blacks, Z's and greenies.. As mentioned, condition is everything! So without a pic you might see one in the SOL search or the auction site comparable to yours for an idea for value. Bubs

Thanks guys. I did more research after posting. It sounds like there were supposedly around 400 made in black, but there seems to be a lot more than that in circulation. And like chunk said, the 711 is the rarest of blackies. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Here's my black 710. Can't tell how old it is. I bought it used around 1975. Sitting on an 8' Tsunami spooled with 50# Fireline Hi-Vis. A real workhorse, I use it mostly from the boat throwing plugs into bluefish blitzes. I should replace the handle with something bigger. Just rinse it off after every use, and re-lube over the winter.

Penn Instruction manual #28B (1965) shows picture of the 710 and photo has NEW ,you do not want to know the price of a rotor cup with the weights,Ok you could not buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks for cost , the cost of 710 New was $29.95 now this was in 65 so that was Good money then

Penn Instruction manual #28B (1965) shows picture of the 710 and photo has NEW ,you do not want to know the price of a rotor cup with the weights,Ok you could not buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks for cost , the cost of 710 New was $29.95 now this was in 65 so that was Good money then

Thanks Al, I appreciate the info.