Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passiton

ICE!

12 posts in this topic

Skim ice on the small ponds up here in Sussex County this morning. It's coming...... We were fishing hard water about a week from now last year. Wayyyy warmer this year, but I'm looking forward to these cooler temps moving it along.

You know I am also looking forward to it along with two boys! I can't wait to see how this new 7" Lazer auger is going to work. My older son always talks about that time we met up for some ice fishing early in the am and the temperature gauge in the Jeep went from 0 to -10 and then back up to almost 0. That would not be too bad but we had those winds as well. He proudly tells us that he is 'ice fishing' ready based on that experience.

sounds good to me -

I need a change of pace - hey guys: are we going to do the SOL ice tourney again?

I'm all for it and I think last year's setup went pretty well. I think we should do Swartswood again and I'll help run it again.

I'm all for it and I think last year's setup went pretty well. I think we should do Swartswood again and I'll help run it again.

worked perfect - a drive for me but I don't mind - I'd bring some grilling food if Passiton could bring his grill again

Had a good time last year, I definitely would love to do it again.

if anyone is going to be out on the ice over the winter besides the get together let me know, I would love get out there a few times.

I'd be up for a another SOL ice day as well. I'll bring a grill.

I'm not minding the warmer temps this year. I'm still hitting the beach and have caught more stripers this fall than any other year I've fished. I'm usually happy with a dozen or so fish through the fall, if that. I've had twice that, with almost half of them keepers.

The ice will come, but I'm content in the meantime.

I'd be up for a another SOL ice day as well. I'll bring a grill.

I'm not minding the warmer temps this year. I'm still hitting the beach and have caught more stripers this fall than any other year I've fished. I'm usually happy with a dozen or so fish through the fall, if that. I've had twice that, with almost half of them keepers.

The ice will come, but I'm content in the meantime.

Yea I did pretty good from the beach this year too but my backbay/river fishing was horrible this fall. I haven't fished the surf in a about 3 weeks and don't feel like dealing with the crowds down South. I was still catching a good amount of fish farther North when supposedly all of the stripers were at IBSP.:D