Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Cleveland Metro Parks

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

I just spent a week at my #2 sons in Cleveland Ohio. His house sits on 2 lots of land that abut a hay field. A place where when you look out the windows you just might see a deer looking back in on you..

We did manage to see a few at the rear property line , nice white tails [plenty of jig tying material]

My son is not a deer hunter, so they roam free.

We got a chance to take a ride around part the Metro Park that surrounds the whole city of Cleveland, It was designed by the same person that designed Boston Commons.

The unique thing about it is the river that is under white water conditions along the parts we were able to see. This river comes in from Lake Erie and surounds the whole city itself. At times the salmon fishing is on it can get plenty wild from what i am being told, but the main fishing is for Stealhead. trout.

Since was only second time out there, observed the many places one can just stop and fish, almost with out any one else around. I am hoping to try the river next year if we get back.

My son took me around to the place he is the Senior Human Resource Director which is the Cleveland Clinic, the second largest hospital in the country. They employ over 40% of the population in Cleveland and just in the down town area have buildings that take over many city blocks and they specialize in many different aspects of hospital care and have on site research centers for many of today's illness. The clinic is so large it has its own uniformed armed police mobile force that enforce all the laws , including speeding on its road ways.

We spent a nice week with the grand children and managed to get a few games of Cribbage in with every one. My Grandson Robert will graduate from high school this year and will be attending a local college, where his ultimate goal is to become an engineer. Since he has been taking ongoing advanced course from the local NASA facility over the years he is well on his way towards his goal.

We are very proud of what he has accomplished as a Robotics leader and youth leader at his church and all charitable work for those that are in need.. Maintaining a 4.0 average along with being an accomplished pianist takes a lot of hard work. We all get to see each other over Christmas when they all come back for the family Christmas event here on the Cape.