blushin

Cooler/Rod Rack Picture Thread

86 posts in this topic

hey guys,

so ive been searching around and there a threads all over the place that have different pics of cooler/rod racks. i just thought maybe it would be a good idea to make one general thread with pictures of your cooler/rod racks, whether they be Reynolds racks, burgers, or what have you , or even something you have built yourself.  if you could post some pics of your cooler racks and tell what brand they are, or who built them im sure we would all appreciate it. .

i currently have a used Burger Rack on my 1995 4Runner beach truck.  i bought it from Gene Reynolds and he installed the rack and also retro fitted a sand spike holder onto the back of the rack that holds 6 spikes. 

ive got a new Tundra crewmax 4x4 that i am looking to get a rack for.

one of the racks that i have been most interested in are genes racks but also the racks from Modlins Welding.

heres a crappy pic of the burger rack on my 4Runner

4runner.JPG

i look forward to seeing the pictures

phill

very nice, i like the lights on the front of it, thats a good idea. how did you end up wiring them in?quick disconnect?

Yes i used a 7 way plug from a tractor trailer set up...!!!

Thats some rack Fishhook! I'm bout to throw one on my truck and was wondering if anyone runs into any problems with the cooler blocking the radiator fans? Can't wait to get out there in the spring with the new rig, I walked way tooooo much this past season. Any info would be great thanks. I will post some pics as soon as I get my racks up.

Thanks, Gene Reynolds makes a nice simple rack that allows many options for use. I had a different basket on before that only allowed a certain cooler set up, but didn't fit my needs as well as this. If I'm on a normal long w/e trip I can load seperate coolers for what I need. This is a typical set up for me. Bait, Beer, Food, Drinks. But if summer or "keep" fishing is going on, I can load a large 120 or bigger cooler for that. Very versitle. I use it camping in the mountains, and going on vacation too. Having a cooler, grill, water, whatever on the front instead of in the back is very handy.

I need to add lights to this one, have the plug and switch run, just need to add the lights.

I have run a basket on truck for over 10 years, never had any overheating issues. Plenty of air can pass through the gap. If your cooling system is working correctly, I don't see why you would have a problem. Keep you headlights in mind though, they can be blocked if not set up right. I have a freind who can run headlights, but the hi-beams kick back and blind him. Dry fit before mounting for sure. You can raise or lower to work around it in most cases, but all depends on your rack you choose/build.

Here is my "back porch" still under construcion, but almost done.

Fishhook

im thinking about having modlins welding down in carolina , build me a ran out of round tube.

i love the way this rack looks, i would probably have it a little wider though so i could fit two coolers in there

pict15.jpg

im thinking about having modlins welding down in carolina , build me a ran out of round tube.

i love the way this rack looks, i would probably have it a little wider though so i could fit two coolers in there

500x362px-LL-84365edd_pict15.jpeg

Isn't that from their website?