Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jmat321

So which one of you guys is actually John McCain?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

GOP Sen. John McCain of Arizona apologized Wednesday night for taking a dig at Long Island, prompting Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York to quickly bite back.

"Isn't it true that Justice (Sandra Day) O'Connor was specifically referring to a person who was captured on Long Island? Last I checked, Long Island was part – albeit sometimes regrettably – part of the United States of America," McCain said on the Senate floor Wednesday.

He made the joke while discussing a Supreme Court case during a Senate debate about detainee policies.

But to one (rather influential) New Yorker, McCain's snark about the island, home to more than 3 million people, wasn't that funny.

Sen. Schumer quickly fired off on Twitter: "All of America saw how heroic Long Islanders were on 9/11. #LongIsland deserves an apology."

About 50 minutes later, a reluctant McCain returned to the Senate floor and took the microphone.

"In an exchange I had on the floor I mentioned that the wonderful people and the wonderful Long Island, I made a joke," McCain said. "I'm sorry that there's at least one of my colleagues that can't take a joke, and so I apologize if I offended him and hope that someday he will have a sense of humor."

The apology, however, didn't seem to do the trick for Schumer, who again took his disappointment to Twitter.

"NYers can take a joke. But if @SenJohnMcCain wants to mock parts of America, stick to Arizona," he wrote.

I think I liked Al D'Amato better. He was a firmer Git. A Git bag if you will.

You forgot crook and theif....

AND no ordinary stupid git. My Al D'Amato story;

In the 80's several Sportfishing groups were petitioning to get draggers out of the South Shore area. I wrote several letters to then Sen. D'Amato about the topic referencing the effort as creating a 'drag free' zone around these locations. I get a letter back from the Idiots office praising my efforts to eradicate the drug problem that exists in Long Island by spearheading the effort to create 'Drug Free' zones at Moriches and Shinnecock inlets.

What a ******* Moran.

AND no ordinary stupid git. My Al D'Amato story;

In the 80's several Sportfishing groups were petitioning to get draggers out of the South Shore area. I wrote several letters to then Sen. D'Amato about the topic referencing the effort as creating a 'drag free' zone around these locations. I get a letter back from the Idiots office praising my efforts to eradicate the drug problem that exists in Long Island by spearheading the effort to create 'Drug Free' zones at Moriches and Shinnecock inlets.

What a ******* Moran.

Yep that's our Al.. Here's Al's only introduction of a bill to the senate. Remember Leon Klinghoffer?( the poor man that was thrown overboard from a cruise ship in the 80's by terrorist's) he wanted to give Leon the medal of honor even though its reserved for the millitary. It was a trajic incident, give the man something fitting in his honor, not the medal of honor... Al and Armand D'Amato MORONS TO THE TENTH POWER!