Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J.K.

Qwik connect/disconnect

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Any experts here with gas piping?

What is the difference between the regular air qwik connects and gas qwik connects? Substantial difference in price so I assume there must be a difference even though they look the same. Thanks.

Yea, I'm looking to set it up for my generator as well. Didn't realize they were bigger. Besides the size difference, are there any other differences like some sort of a safety feature?

Yea, I'm looking to set it up for my generator as well. Didn't realize they were bigger. Besides the size difference, are there any other differences like some sort of a safety feature?

no other safety features i remember, been a few years since i used one.

would not be suprised if they have the new safety shut off that the last flex connector i picked up had.

the ones we used were all brass so no spark risk.

air hose coupler would not work, id is way to small for any ng appliance.

Gas piping is not hobby. I'mm mess with lots of stuff, but PLEASE do not be THAT guy we read about who launched his house to Mars and blew out the windows in a quarter mile radius because $400 was too much money to hire a pro. 

Know what I'm saying? PLEASE! Be careful, don't effffffff around with gas. Sure, it's easy, 99% of the time, with it's low pressure, you'll be just fine, but don't eff around. If you're gonna do it, buy the rated stuff. 

Thanks for the responses and the concern. Not looking to go cheap. Just curious what the difference was. Plus I will be plumbing to an already existing line outside the house. I definetly will do it as safely as possible. Thanks.