Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redfin

penn 330gts

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Can someone answer this please. I replaced the drag washers and got the reel back together but it was very difficult for me to get the dog for the AR positioned. Don't ask me how i got it in but is there an easy or proper way to reassemble this?

Hi. It ~can~ be a bit of a pain the first few times you do it. Alan Tani, a poster here, has a web page, with a tutorial on the 330. Easy to find on the search engines.

In the meantime, heavy grease can be your friend. As can "dental picks", or a very sharp round wood toothpick. Open the tutorial, and alter the procedure thus: Insert the bridge screw, place dog on the screw, grease the heck out of the junction, lower the screw, flush with the dog, swing bridge into position, raise screw.

Take dental pick, or toothpick, and pluck spring onto the post. Note: ensure the spring is ~on~ the dog, so you can take the tool, and place the other end on the post in the frame. The extra grease will help in keeping the sping from low earth orbit, never to be seen again. Thanks, Alan....photo taken from his tutorial at the web page, under penn tutorials.

Note: I've never tried to insert the dog with both ends of the spring in place. I guess it could be carefully done, so as not to stretch the spring. You can also use a bit of thread...loop thread thru spring eye, carefully pull spring onto the post. I used to so that before I bought the picks.

DSCN4159.JPG