Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Biscuit

CT Surfcasters?

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Who here belongs to this group? Just found out the Dec. meeting was held Nov. 30th. :mad: I wanted to stop in check it out and most likely join. Sounds like a good organization to be part of. So any current or former members here please chime in. Give me your honest opinion of this group.

Thank You

Bob Padilla

Bob

I was in the club about a year before my job moved me. Due to work requirements, I attended meetings about every other month and found the speakers very enjoyable. If they're boring, you can leave :) The meetings are free so you dont have to feel obligated to join right away, or at all. THe club is active with a trip a month, or more so there are plenty of opportunities to go do club stuff. The whole time I was surrounded by good people representing the full range of skill. A few times I met up with some other members at some local fishing spots and learned a bunch. I think its definitely worth it for you to go and check out a few meetings and form your own opinion.

Big,

Are you asking about CT Surfcasters Association AKA CSA?

We meet 1st Wed of every month at the Madison Surf Club. Meetings are open to the public and we do have some pretty cool speakers, DJ Mueller, Zeno, Steve McKenna, Pat Abate, Gary Soldati, Dennis Zambrata and Dave Pickering to name a few who have been to the club this past year. The Dec meeting is pretty laid back with a slide show of "memorable moments" from the past year.

Great bunch of guys in this club. Fishing is the focus. Great trips to spots like Block Island, Island Beach State Park NJ and Cuttyhunk as well as local outings. Joining has definitely made me a better fisherman for sure. Stop by and check out a meeting. Dues are $35 I believe

aram

Big,

Are you asking about CT Surfcasters Association AKA CSA?

We meet 1st Wed of every month at the Madison Surf Club. Meetings are open to the public and we do have some pretty cool speakers, DJ Mueller, Zeno, Steve McKenna, Pat Abate, Gary Soldati, Dennis Zambrata and Dave Pickering to name a few who have been to the club this past year. The Dec meeting is pretty laid back with a slide show of "memorable moments" from the past year.

Great bunch of guys in this club. Fishing is the focus. Great trips to spots like Block Island, Island Beach State Park NJ and Cuttyhunk as well as local outings. Joining has definitely made me a better fisherman for sure. Stop by and check out a meeting. Dues are $35 I believe

aram

That's the one. I see I read the CSA calender wrong. :o Nothing new to me. From what I see on the website, it looks like just the kind of organization I would like to be part of. I'll have to give it a go next Wed.

The Dec meeting is not typical because, I am pretty sure, there is no guest speaker. Probably one of the more informal gatherings we have. Guys (and a few gals) will be talking about the past season and so forth.

Very cool mix of people from very serious wet suiters, casual anglers, yakkers, fly aficianados and everything in between. A lot of these guys are very good fishermen and have been quite generous to other club members.

You should check it out.

Having said all that, I have to miss the Dec meeting (work schedule is a bummer) otherwise I'd introduce myself.

Big B--There was no meeting on the 30th. The December 7th meeting has no speaker- but we do have food as people bring sort of a pre-holiday spread of snacks and deserts so if you come you can even be bigger.

It is a good meeting to meet some guys as there is more B S ing. Some people say they don't like clubs because they like to fish by themselves and they would rather fish than be sitting at a meeting hall.- but you can still fish by yourself and if its winter and you want to get out of the house and talk fishing- there is nothing better.

So come by to Madison CT town surf club meeting building Wednesday December 7th. at 7pm. its on Surf Club Road off of West Wharf road. All are welcomed

Club also has a private discussion area on the New England site --sends you a monthly newsletter--new Members are given a new member packet with a description of around 50 public surfcasting spots, great club trips that Aram mentioned above and you get to meet Big Tim- which in itself makes the club worth joining.

Imagine if we had a Big Tim and a Big Biscuit

Big B--There was no meeting on the 30th. The December 7th meeting has no speaker- but we do have food as people bring sort of a pre-holiday spread of snacks and deserts so if you come you can even be bigger.

It is a good meeting to meet some guys as there is more B S ing. Some people say they don't like clubs because they like to fish by themselves and they would rather fish than be sitting at a meeting hall.- but you can still fish by yourself and if its winter and you want to get out of the house and talk fishing- there is nothing better.

So come by to Madison CT town surf club meeting building Wednesday December 7th. at 7pm. its on Surf Club Road off of West Wharf road. All are welcomed

Club also has a private discussion area on the New England site --sends you a monthly newsletter--new Members are given a new member packet with a description of around 50 public surfcasting spots, great club trips that Aram mentioned above and you get to meet Big Tim- which in itself makes the club worth joining.

Imagine if we had a Big Tim and a Big Biscuit

I misread the caleder. I'll see you Wed. :D

I have been a part of the CSA for about 8 or 9 years, forget exactly how long it has been now. It is a great club, the meetings are entertaining and informative and the club is filled with a great group of guys that even find the time to catch a fish here and there.

I've been a member since they started in 1992. I've seen a lot of people come and go, and fishing patterns forever changing, but the quality of the club has always remained top-shelf. Great bunch of guys with a lot of fishing experience. We have excellent guest speakers, raffles, local trips where guys who have fished them for years can show you how to do it, not-so-local trips (Cuttyhunk, New Jersey, Block Island), and a bunch of great people to fish with. In addition to surfcasting, many members do boat, kayak, and/or fly fishing. We enter local tournaments and have our own year-long tournament with several divisions. I'll be a member until I stop breathing.

Well said George! I will also chime in and say that you will not be disappointed, great group of fishermen and women. As the meetings are open to the public at no charge you may check the club out and see if it is a fit for you before making a commitment. I should be there Wednesday.

There is one mysterious and disturbing thing about the Club. All the club members that posted on this thread catch bigger fish than me.

By the way I am making an announcement at the Wednesday Meeting of a sort of little Christmas Gift from me to all the Club members. Kind of cool.

:th: A great bunch of guys & gals. I've learned quite a bit from many of them. Good speakers and trip opportunities. I just wish I could make more meetings; doesn't fit my work schedule anymore.