Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PrecisionTackle

Finally joined the Hobie club

9 posts in this topic

After my 1 st season of kayak fishing and having an amazing time but being blown away by all my buddies with their Hobie's I finally joined the club. Found a deal on craigslist that I just couldn't pass up, 2010 Hobie Outback that was brand new with one 2 trip on it for a great price. I will now be spending the next few months rigging it and hoping to have it ready for next season. Pics to follow. Please post pics of your rigged outbacks if you can to give me some ideas.

Congrats on your Hobie! I absolutely love mine. Can't tell you the number of times I would have not been able to fish if it weren't for the Mirage Drive. You will be able to fish in wind conditions that would have sent you to shore if you had to paddle. I will take a few photos of my kayak and get them on here for you. DO NOT DRILL ANY HOLES IN YOUR BOAT YET! Look at how others have rigged their kayaks before you do anything that is going to require drilling (especially since the winter weather is settling in now). I spent two full seasons in my boat before drilling away. Good luck with your Outback!