Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Biscuit

Civic duties

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I have never been called for jury duty. :cool:

Consider yourself "Lucky". :D I was bored to tears. Doesn't help that I left my netbook at home. Guessing the kind and color of the panties of the few cuties that were there didn't last too long. :laugh:

State court in NJ is a 1 day shot unless you're called and sit on a jury, then it could be 2 days, 3 days tops usually. A few years ago I was called for jury duty in federal court and the trial was expected to take at least 3 months. Prospective jurors were asked to fill out a questionaire - I did so and also wrote an essay on the accused's right to a jury of his peers and I explained in great detail my views on why I wasn't one of them, who I felt his peers were, where they could find plenty of his peers and why having his peers sit in a courtroom for 3 months would have a positive impact on society and be a far better use of their time than their current endeavors. Almost 2 pages on the backside of the questionnare. I was excused :D

State court in NJ is a 1 day shot unless you're called and sit on a jury, then it could be 2 days, 3 days tops usually. A few years ago I was called for jury duty in federal court and the trial was expected to take at least 3 months. Prospective jurors were asked to fill out a questionaire - I did so and also wrote an essay on the accused's right to a jury of his peers and I explained in great detail my views on why I wasn't one of them, who I felt his peers were, where they could find plenty of his peers and why having his peers sit in a courtroom for 3 months would have a positive impact on society and be a far better use of their time than their current endeavors. Almost 2 pages on the backside of the questionnare. I was excused :D

Have you been called back since? :D

They kept it. You get called into the courtroom and sit in the jury box. Judge is on the bench, prosecutors, defense lawyers and defendent are there also. Judge held the questionnaire in his hand, looked at me - and in a pissed off tone said "you disgust me, excused" - mission accomplished :th:

They kept it. You get called into the courtroom and sit in the jury box. Judge is on the bench, prosecutors, defense lawyers and defendent are there also. Judge held the questionnaire in his hand, looked at me - and in a pissed off tone said "you disgust me, excused" - mission accomplished :th:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I went a few years ago...had to sit there for 3 days, on third day they call me...sitting for a homicide trial, no matter what stupid **** I said they wouldn't let me go, finally the judge read the names of some involved in the trial...i knew one of the detectives, the judge had to let me go...and that was it for my jury duty, since then NY has a system where you call the night before for 3 days and they let you know if to show up or not the last 2 times I have not had to go...I think they were trying to get me over the summer but I kept losing the mail from them..I hope I'm not in trouble