Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkg51781

Pheromone Attractant

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I read a sales pitch of an new product in a fishing magazine a few weeks ago about a new product by a hook company: it supposedly uses a Pheromone Attractant.

I pretty skeptical about the idea and was wondering if anyone had tried it or new of any feedback on it before I go spend or waste some hard earned money on it.

I don't know if i am able to mention the name of the product since that would be a form of advertisment so i will remove it, and i guess i can't put a link to it either so i'll that also.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

thanks,

JKG

[ 10-13-2004, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: jkg51781 ]

I guess i posted incorrectly?

Please explain what i did wrong for my future posting of issues.

If i need to clarify, i am in no way associated with the company that makes the stuff (not sure if were not supposed to use brand names or such), to be honest i dont think it will have any effect and that it will be utterly useles, all i wanted to know if anyones tried it.

I believe i modified the post to meet guidelines

Sorry if i posted incorrectly

[ 10-13-2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: jkg51781 ]

I don't get it. A pheramone is a sexual attractant. What would be the purpose of appealing to a fish's urge to reproduce if you're trying to get it to attack or feed?

It was obviously an honest mistake so don't be too hard on yourself.I use scent to cover up any unwanted odors from me redface.gif or the bait itself. I was on a boat fishing for blues and it was SLOW! I had some fish formula with me and started putting it on the bunker chunks. All of a sudden I was hooking up left and right and no one else was until the other guys snatched the stuff from me and started putting it on their bait. All of a sudden everyone was hooking up. Coincidence I don't know but it's cheap and it gives me a little more confidence so I use it. Here is an excerpt from the users agreement:**Absolutely no unpaid advertising or posting of links to your own website. Please respect this policy as it is important to those who pay to advertise here and in turn, allow this site to continue. Please do not post links to other commercial websites. wink.gif

I don't get it. A pheramone is a sexual attractant. What would be the purpose of appealing to a fish's urge to reproduce if you're trying to get it to attack or feed?

I guess if you don't mind foul hooking... tongue.gif