Chunking with braid

Rate this topic

gadwall8

With the strong sweep on the south shore ocean beaches, why would anyone still use mono?

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

With the strong sweep on the south shore ocean beaches, why would anyone still use mono?

i don't like braid for chunking because i like having some stretch and give in the line....mono does that by its nature, braid can not do that

if we're looking for a shark we're not gonna find him on the land

Y the stretch & give? :confused:

I don't get it either :huh: I use a 4M Honey most of time (it has plenty of bounce): with a 24' fish finder and 8oz. A few days on either side of the big moon tides, I break out my "Frankenchunk" stick and 10oz lead to hold fast against the sweep. 65lb braid and 60lb shock leader on my Squidders.

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

I will answer that for you Reg. 

The extra stretch gives you a few more seconds to put your down your brew, get out of the chair and make your way to the rod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billybob View Post

Y the stretch & give? confused.gif

You can always count on WORM...

Mah squidders have tight clickers and tons of mojo... Strong Island style!

HTF, that happen?

Eff circle hooks, I brain 'em with a 10/0 Gami Octopus.

HTF, that happen?

HTF, that happen?

HTF, that happen?

Hmmmmmm

:rav: Hello Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please.