Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinnywater

Ever wanted to say" your prices suck"

21 posts in this topic

I always bite my tongue but there is one guy on here who says he has more then 10 of each color but can't come down a little on the price? I mean come on talk about selling for a profit... 50$ price tag on a lure you can't even sell for 35$ right now. come on man get with the times.

Absolutely no need to say anything! If prices are too high, it won't sell. When a seller gets not so much as a sniff in days I think that speaks volumes.

Absolutely no need to say anything! If prices are too high, it won't sell. When a seller gets not so much as a sniff in days I think that speaks volumes.

a agree with this for sure

ouch, it's all up to the seller, if he really needs the money then he'll sell them for a reasonable price,

well said gray gables what mr waters don't realize it is supply and demand if you don't like the price don't buy it.t .but when you need that great lure he will not have it. i purchased a few hundred of them so i will not run out of them.I sell off a few once in a while if the price is to high for mr waters just go purchase another manufacturers lure that is 10.00 bucks and be happy with what you purchased, if they don't sell for 50 then i keep them or lower the price, that is my prerogative, i purchase other members lures at the prices they request i don't cry about it i pay it or pass on the lure. again mr gables well said..

skinnywater where is the love i don't feel it . i took the chance years ago when i purchased so many of his lures not you. well not really a chance i knew back then thhey were great lures and no one could ever top the durablity ,action weight regarding casting distance etc. so now you want bargain basement prices on the best lures made. i laid out thousands not you. i think i have the right to sell at what the market bears. again if you don't like it don't buy them .

you can blow smoke all day long.... you asked "where's the love"? pretty sure you have openly admitted to owning thousand's of BM plugs. talk about the love what about the love for fellow fisherman? I have 1000's of these but I can't take 10$ off the price..sorry. GrayG is right if you needed the money you would lower the price- point exactly you don't need the money you want the profit. I still remember the time lockbox you offered me 9 BM lures for 900$ that's $100 each. Man feel that love? Just wondering what did a BM lure sell for back when you bought them? Now I am not trying to get in a pissing contest here I hadn't named any names I was just making a observation. It is what it is, You are entitled to your own opinion and so am I. i just think it's kinda lame is all.

As long as people keep paying these overinflated prices for plugs you know they will continue to rise. I know I'm done buying expensive plugs/lures.

Was this discussed a while backhttp://www.stripersonline.com/t/700185/when-were-plugs-first-overpriced

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockbox View Post

skinnywater where is the love i don't feel it . i took the chance years ago when i purchased so many of his lures not you. well not really a chance i knew back then thhey were great lures and no one could ever top the durablity ,action weight regarding casting distance etc. so now you want bargain basement prices on the best lures made. i laid out thousands not you. i think i have the right to sell at what the market bears. again if you don't like it don't buy them .

Not for nothing, but that statement right there sounds like speculation for profit. If it is, it's against BST policy/rules.

Not for nothing, but that statement right there sounds like speculation for profit. If it is, it's against BST policy/rules.

I don't read it that way at all. He bought them to fish and no other reason mentioned. If a guy is at a point where he no longer feels like he can use as many plugs as he thought he would when he bought em' 10 years ago, why shouldn't he offer them up at what he perceives as "fair market value"? If they don't sell or he has to cut his prices why is that bothering folks so much?

I'd like to go into Jay Leno's garage and pick a car out of the thousands he has and use the "you have so many sell me one at my price" logic to purchase a classic. Fact is Jay doesn't care what I think. He'll sell what he wants, when he wants, for whatever price he sees fit.

I drive a toyota not a classic, I would suggest buying an Afterhours or Habs and catch the same fish and be done with it...why fret?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MV Bluefish View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Tj View Post

I don't read it that way at all. He bought them to fish and no other reason mentioned. If a guy is at a point where he no longer feels like he can use as many plugs as he thought he would when he bought em' 10 years ago, why shouldn't he offer them up at what he perceives as "fair market value"? If they don't sell or he has to cut his prices why is that bothering folks so much?

I'd like to go into Jay Leno's garage and pick a car out of the thousands he has and use the "you have so many sell me one at my price" logic to purchase a classic. Fact is Jay doesn't care what I think. He'll sell what he wants, when he wants, for whatever price he sees fit.

I drive a toyota not a classic, I would suggest buying an Afterhours or Habs and catch the same fish and be done with it...why fret?

What does the phrase "I took the chance" mean to you? To me, that's speculation to flip for a profit. 

Either he chose his words wrong or he's a profiteer. That's how I see it. 

What does the phrase "I took the chance" mean to you? To me, that's speculation to flip for a profit. 

Either he chose his words wrong or he's a profiteer. That's how I see it. 

It could mean "I took a chance" that...

Better cheaper plugs won't come out in future

Striper stocks won't collapse completely

I won't die before I get to use them

The plug market devalues and I end up paying twice what they are worth

My house won't burn down with all my plugs

My wife won't throw them out

My "Lockbox" gets broken into

and so on and so on.

What I don't find credible is someone speculating that a web site will blossom in the future where they can sell a lure collection only bought to make "huge profits". For the most part just fisherman buy lures. Investors would do well to buy more reliable commodities on speculation.