What the hell is the matter with people?

Rate this topic

Gamakatsu

There's a thread in the Tavern about a little girl with cancer who needs a bone marrow transplant. As it turns out, her sister is a match, but lives in El Salvador and can't get a visa to the US due to bureaucratic garbage. Apparently, according to some, it doesn't matter if she dies or it is some kind of ploy for the sister to stay in the country illegally or get some government funded healthcare. Is there really that much hate and insensitivity towards immigrants that people feel this kid shouldn't get the medical care she needs? It's bad enough that the government is so screwed up that it won't give the visa, but that people support the government's position just boggles the mind. If karma exists, we need to be very careful.

There's a thread in the Tavern about a little girl with cancer who needs a bone marrow transplant. As it turns out, her sister is a match, but lives in El Salvador and can't get a visa to the US due to bureaucratic garbage. Apparently, according to some, it doesn't matter if she dies or it is some kind of ploy for the sister to stay in the country illegally or get some government funded healthcare. Is there really that much hate and insensitivity towards immigrants that people feel this kid shouldn't get the medical care she needs? It's bad enough that the government is so screwed up that it won't give the visa, but that people support the government's position just boggles the mind. If karma exists, we need to be very careful.

Send them a check if it bothers you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamakatsu View Post

I didn't read it, and from what you say here I will not.  Actually i will stand by

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

our healthcare system sucks

Obama has told us that.

the girl should go to El Salvador to get the transplant done

:rolleyes:

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamakatsu View Post

Where is the thread, which one?

Sounds bad.  Explain "bureaucratic garbage".  Why can't she get a visa? I won't defend people wishing ill on this person, but something is fishy here.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Some of the responses in that thread are pretty callous. For God's sake, this is a seven year old child, get the sister here and hope the operation is successful.

Thank you for your sanity. Sadly, it seems that in the eyes of some people, that some American citizens' lives are worth less than others based on who their parents are. :(

Well all the suffering aside, that story explains nothing.  "Afraid she will stay"?

ain't buying that.

the girl can come here no problem.  I am in a building right now with (100 percent wild guess), 25 people that that came here with absolutely no intention of leaving.  And the feds condone it, and the states condone it, and the employees condone it, and a lot of the people that say they are against it condone it.

There is more to this tale I believe.

Ayn Rand

I hope the little lady gets what medical treatment she needs. It's a child and we have the ability to help her. We offer medical treatment to illegals and the most humane treatment to our most sickening prisoners. I hope the little girl comes out ok..

"Dont elect a scumbag, no riots, so easy even the alt right should be able to figure it out." - numbnuts

Still tough.  Lets see the first three words of the very first article of that google search, written by Mr Bob Braun of the Star Ledger.  Three words (do you count the abbreviated letters?  Five words?  I don't know).  Okay the firs half of the headline

Strict U.S. immigration laws

Sound the Failhorn.   There are 12 million people in the USA that came here illegally-there is nothing strict about the Immigration department.  I don't really care to go through more of the stories.

The girl can come here no problem.  i wish them the best in their lives.

I am assuming the parents of the sick child are illegal aliens, right?

Ayn Rand

I am assuming the parents of the sick child are illegal aliens, right?

I don't know nor do I care. The little girl is as American as you and I. To those who don't like that her parents are illegal (if they are), petition to repeal the 14th Amendment, but that's not the young lady's fault.