Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sportyguy33

Allstar Breakaway 1145-2 & 6500 Nautil Plugging Setup

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

The new Team Daiwas "Advantage" reels look "the biz".. 9 ball bearing the essentail stuff all corrosion resistant... its the next step up from the capricorn ....

Advantlg.jpg

But I love my nautles though... dot 6 of them wink.gif light as a feather and when I dunk em I dont worry about it.. this Daiwa looks sweet sounds sweet but how can you bring yourself to dunk a reel like that?

I have that set up ,,used it alot,, throws bombers, throws three easy..I like the reel but I had to put it back together once on the beach . nut fell off .. the breakaway 1145 is a great stick .. fights a fish well too .

4000 Taurus, 6500 Nautil & a Penn 704 are all the reels I've used on my 1145.

It's butt heavy with the Penn, and tip heavy with the Taurus, so I think you have your answer smile.gif .

I've got the same setup as well, but with 50# braid. It's an amazingly light yet very capable outfit icon14.gif

In fact, considering that about 1/2 the folks that replied to this thread have the same rod with the same reel on it, I'd say that's a pretty solid indication that they make a wonderful match HappyWave.gifsmile.gif

TimS

I've used my 1145-2 with the 6500 and 7500 Nautils and 704Z and it performed well with all.

I have the factory version and it seems to like the smaller diameter spool of the 6500 Nautil best, so that reel stays on it now.Great rod for combined open beach and jetty work.

Breakaway 1145 and a Nautil 6500...works great as stated! Bombers on up. I haven't pushed it to 3oz, yet.

Now all I need is the rest of the outfit.

biggrin.gif

bumblebeeman.jpg

biggrin.gif

Bumble bee chic.

3 isn't pushing it .. I swear that rod will throw 4