Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Possum

hey deck...jets game is coming up

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts?

I honestly think that we can beat the Jets.First time this season I have felt this optimistic about getting a win.

Our team has played their guts out the last couple games.

We lost to Dallas in OT due to a poor coaching decision and a missed Gano FG...but we kicked some butt in that game

We fought back in Seattle and won despite poor preparation by the special teams coaches and a loud, hostile crowd...

I think that Trent William's out of bounds shove against Miami got our guys fired up.

That may have been the "turning point" for this team.

Trent's message=I am sick of losing,tired of being a doormat and I am ready to fight.

Since that incident, the effort of our players has been night and day different...

Having watched most of every Jet game this year, it would not surprise me if they lost, but it also would not surprise me if they made Grossman look like a fool. Not expecting much offense from this one...

Ok, first off I would like to start off by stating that I have the utmost respect for the jets organization and their fans. The Jets have come a long way from their days of being a complete joke of a team, to one that commands respect out of their opponents. :th:

I like the Skins in this game. I won't say that they will win, but I am certain they will show up and play. I have no Idea how we went from, this year, being the worst team in the NFL, to a team that is playing as if they had a shot at the play offs.

You Skins fans don't need "Luck," you have made your own!

There. Now that I got that stupid, worthless, pun out of the way, hopefully, I will never have to use it again.

We aren't drafting him, and no, we aren't going to lose too many more games for a while, so knock off the "suck for luck" horsecrap. It's stoopid. No coach in his right mind is going to lose out in order for some guy who replaces him when he gets fired, to get the #1 pick.

This is better.....when you have a well coached team, like the Skins do, you don't need to lose every one of your games in order to have a chance on a QB that has never even bought a hot dog at an NFL game.

Laron Landry should be hurt every week. He should have it written in his contract that he must stay injured in order for someone else to take his spot and actually play football.

Anyone notice that our sudden fall off the face of the earth after the first four games this year CONVENIENTLY coincided with LL getting healthy? That's no accident folks, LL is a bicep-flexing, waste of a first round pick who can't cover a bowl of oatmeal.

Nuff' about that. Our young no-name guys in the secondary are playing some outstanding football the last few weeks. They got it together, even LL's playmate - Hall, has picked up his game. Good job. :clap:

The offensive line has woken up out of its coma and is now pushing people around like they were breaking up an OWS sit-in. A little shuffling here and there and a few weeks to get it together and >>>>WHAM!!!<<<<

It's like we hired a whole new crew of big, fat, sweaty guys!

[please, do not jinks our offensive line by giving them a crappy nick name....the hogs are gone....let them stay gone]

In all seriousness watch them pass protect....not too shabby and our run blocking has improved dramatically.

Grossman still gives me fits. He likes to give away our football and I'm a little concerned that Xmass is coming and Rex is in a giving mood.

Dear Rex, throw the ball away when no one is open, or

Have our center change his name to...

"If you can read this throw the ball!"

That actually isn't a bad idea. Thought of it all by myself. ;)

I really, to be honest, don't know too much about the Jets accept that Rex Reed will now "tweet" plays into Sanchez's Ipad. This will prevent Rex from actually having to communicate with Sanchez....FOREVER.

Jet's will have to talk EVEN MORE TRASH than usual. Hopefully Shanny and co. can issue ear plugs to our players and tell them to "just ignore the hurt words and play nice."

Skins 29

Jets 21

I like 29. I have no idea how the Skins will score 29 pints and I don't care. I made it up on the fly and I'm sticking to it.

:p

It's at Washington so I'll give the Skins a very tiny edge

What I will guarantee is that, win or lose, the the Jets will take it down to the last seconds of the game in their season long attempt to give me a coronary

What I will guarantee is that, win or lose, the the Jets will take it down to the last seconds of the game in their season long attempt to give me a coronary

I thought about that scenario for a second and then I got distracted and started playing with my eyebrows as per usual with my ADD.

:shock:

Besides....I like the number 29.

What I will guarantee is that, win or lose, the the Jets will take it down to the last seconds of the game in their LIFE long attempt to give me a coronary

Fixed it for ya.

I really don't base who I pick, on how a team matches up or any other formula, other than my gut feeling.

Most "experts" who pick a team based on the point spread actually do worse than "chance" - this applies to everything under the sun. Never base an actual wager on an "experts" opinion. "Experts" will often go out an a limb, so that they can claim that they were right when they pick an upset - regardless of how often they were wrong. This is a feather in their cap. Rather go with an over all feeling of what you imagine will unfold.

The best indicator in an NFL match up is how a team has recently played and not just if they won or lost, that can be misleading. That's why I picked Carolina against the skins earlier this year - to me that game was a no-brainer. Carolina was playing very good football and the Skins were not. I knew we where going to get hammered! :mad:

Skins have been giving other teams fits with a very nasty defense. The problem is Grossman. He has a world of talent but falls apart when the pressure is on; he is a head case. I watched him tank for several years as the Bears QB. The excuse about being ill prepared for a big Packers game(is the any other kind when those teams play) because he was "excited about New Year's Eve"', still frosts my nuts. Washington has a great history and I'd love to see them playing playoff football. No team with Rex will prosper.

Oh, Go Jets!! :D

Skins have been giving other teams fits with a very nasty defense. The problem is Grossman. He has a world of talent but falls apart when the pressure is on; he is a head case. I watched him tank for several years as the Bears QB. The excuse about being ill prepared for a big Packers game(is the any other kind when those teams play) because he was "excited about New Year's Eve"', still frosts my nuts. Washington has a great history and I'd love to see them playing playoff football. No team with Rex will prosper.

Oh, Go Jets!! :D

I don't think he makes good decisions. When the blitz is in his face, he seems very composed....unlike Beck....but then he throws the ball into a triple covered receiver. It'a almost as if he has too much confidence.

As far as standing in the pocket, he shows good concentration, he is just lacking in shmartz.

We were sitting on the 10 yard line last week. Plax lined up wide on our side of the field at about the 30 or 25 yard line and I told my son that he was probably going to get the ball right in front of us. Sure enough the ball was snapped Plax came right at us with Sanchez locked in on him like a laser as he rolled over, the corner followed Plax and both safeties converged on him just as the ball was about to leave the QB's hands. He threw it anyway as I yelled NOOOOOOO!! He had a perfectly clear view of that side the of the field, with no linemen blocking his view. I guess if he threw a jump ball into triple coverage it might have been excusable, but he threw it low. Luckily the defender dropped it. Point being that Sanchez never looked it off, not even to check the coverage. That throw made me realize just how awful his decisions are. Nothing on film could ever convey just how poor Sanchez was on that play.

If he plays like that tomorrow, Foreskins win. Their DB's don't drop balls.

We were sitting on the 10 yard line last week. Plax lined up wide on our side of the field at about the 30 or 25 yard line and I told my son that he was probably going to get the ball right in front of us. Sure enough the ball was snapped Plax came right at us with Sanchez locked in on him like a laser as he rolled over, the corner followed Plax and both safeties converged on him just as the ball was about to leave the QB's hands. He threw it anyway as I yelled NOOOOOOO!! He had a perfectly clear view of that side the of the field, with no linemen blocking his view. I guess if he threw a jump ball into triple coverage it might have been excusable, but he threw it low. Luckily the defender dropped it. Point being that Sanchez never looked it off, not even to check the coverage. That throw made me realize just how awful his decisions are. Nothing on film could ever convey just how poor Sanchez was on that play.

If he plays like that tomorrow, Foreskins win. Their DB's don't drop balls.

Our DB's.....Hall in particular, are very good at snagging passes. Now that we got rid of Rogers [who is playing great fb from what i hear] We have the sort of defense we were striving for.

Here's to a good game! :beers: