gopro

Rate this topic

tmirrione63

The BacPac LCD attachment is good if your a beginner and need to look at the video you have shot on site, however, the LCD attachment eats your battery and the total time without the attachment is 2 1/2 hours. Attaching the LCD will cut your camera time down significantly. Also, when shooting video just remember that the lense is a fish eye so it will capture a point of view from many angles. One more thing, set your camera to 1081pi and put the camera in the video setting so when you turn it on you will be filming immediatley. I learned the hard way thinking I was filming but my camera was set in camera mode for still pictures. Good Luck and post some shots with it.

Excellent thread guys :th:

I would love a camera like this, but the ability to film in low light or night is kinda important for me - is there anything on the market for recreational use that films well in low light?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

it really doesnt do to bad with low light. i have clips of dark days on the mountain in snow and it comes out fine... if your looking for something for pics with flash better off just buying a camera and making mini clips.. if your filming and want the option of taking a few pics/ sequences then the gopro.

If ,in your editing, you plan on using slow motion effects, use the 720 p setting at 60 frames per second.

The 960 and the 1080 are 30 frames per secod.

A far as aiming the camera, it' real tough to srew it up

I bought the LCD backpack and used it once. It's back in the box.

Bear in mind these are POV cameras (point of view). So they are very wide angle.

The 960 setting will narrow it a bit if you need to.

Go Pro?......meh,

How do you zoom in and out? How do you film with it without it shaking? I do a bit of filming and this camera is hype.

Look into the Sanyo Xacti. Its a real camera and its not much more than a go pro. Not that the go pro is not a cool toy, it just has NO functionality.

It makes a nice camera when you are doing more than 2 camera shoot. Its cool to clip it to a paddle or yer head or a gaff and cut that footage into camera A stuff, but for primary footage you will wish it could do more.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

Go Pro?......meh,

How do you zoom in and out? How do you film with it without it shaking? I do a bit of filming and this camera is hype.

Look into the Sanyo Xacti. Its a real camera and its not much more than a go pro. Not that the go pro is not a cool toy, it just has NO functionality.

It makes a nice camera when you are doing more than 2 camera shoot. Its cool to clip it to a paddle or yer head or a gaff and cut that footage into camera A stuff, but for primary footage you will wish it could do more.

But we are getting wet and tossed in the surf or kayaking, where can cant use our hands to film and need a housing for it to stay dry and waterproof.

225Here is the chest harness. It was mentioned in a earlier post from Shipwreck that he was concerned about the camera filming without shaking. I used the harness (chest) and head for fishing, four wheeling, dirtbiking, and surfing (board mount). This is just my opinion but I think GoPro wants the viewer to have a POV from the person shooting the video (like they were doing it). Any camera if and when you are doing anything recreational that involves movement will have some sort of blemishes in the recording. You just have to test it out and get the hang of it then make your decision from there. I must say though that the underwater shallow shots are incredible to record especially if your a plug builder and want to test them swimming. :D