Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biofatty

Cant post in the BST forum

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been a member for a while and would like to respond to DaveS post on buying a Mojo Heaver... But I cannot, I have been a member for long enough and have over 15 posts as well, Just wondering If I am overlooking something?

Ryan

Sorry if this is not the correct place to put this.

Well, if you read the rules, you need a minimum of 15 posts. You just made that minimum requirement today. I think it takes a day or two to kick in. 17 posts in three years isn't really contributing to the site discussions all that much. You may try PM'ing a Forum leader possibly.

17 posts in three years isn't really contributing to the site discussions all that much.

That shouldn't really matter, Tim has set the rules at 15, he met the requirements. I'll see what I can do. :)

Thanks much, was able to post! I understand the need for the rules, I am not trying to sell anything.. I just wanted to reply to to an Item that was for sale.

Thanks again, Much appreciated!

I've been in the same boat. A member for a long time but not many posts. I only surfcast once a year in Cabo so I don't contribute much. I just figured out this evening why I've been unable to respond to CaseyGhee about that Predator rod he had listed. I'm hoping to get it in time to take down there on the 27th. This is my 15th post so hopefully I'll be unlocked soon.

I've been in the same boat. A member for a long time but not many posts. I only surfcast once a year in Cabo so I don't contribute much. I just figured out this evening why I've been unable to respond to CaseyGhee about that Predator rod he had listed. I'm hoping to get it in time to take down there on the 27th. This is my 15th post so hopefully I'll be unlocked soon.

It is suppose to be for contributing members - not people who admitedly "don't contribute much". I think TimS should increase the amount to like 50 posts so you don't have a situation where someone who doesn't have the required amount sees something in the BST and all of a sudden posts 6 -8 times to get their required amount so they buy the rod they just saw for sale. Maybe after they hit the 15, there should be like a 2 week waiting period.

It's not really meant to be a punishment either :) There are plenty of folks, like the above two guys, who even though they don't post much still have a vested interest in the site because they read it and have participated in the past. The rules are there to keep people who have nothing "vested" in the site from using the BST Forum - folks with nothing to lose often act that way and that's not the kinda folks we want buying/selling here. So even though these guys may not have posted much, they are rightfully vested in the site because of their long term reading and following :th:

No rules are perfect, but these rules do a pretty good job keeping the BST a safe, fair place to buy and sell stuff - and that's always been the goal :)

TimS

It's not really meant to be a punishment either :) There are plenty of folks, like the above two guys, who even though they don't post much still have a vested interest in the site because they read it and have participated in the past. The rules are there to keep people who have nothing "vested" in the site from using the BST Forum - folks with nothing to lose often act that way and that's not the kinda folks we want buying/selling here. So even though these guys may not have posted much, they are rightfully vested in the site because of their long term reading and following :th:

No rules are perfect, but these rules do a pretty good job keeping the BST a safe, fair place to buy and sell stuff - and that's always been the goal :)

TimS

I would think you have to log in to be able to tell if somebody is reading and following the daily doings, but i know there are a ton of people who follow along without logging in. :)

I would think you have to log in to be able to tell if somebody is reading and following the daily doings, but i know there are a ton of people who follow along without logging in. :)

I too have been a member for just over a year now and have few posts to show for it. I do however read multiple forums on a daily basis. The beauty of being logged in is the ability to jump to the first unread post that you've been following for days or weeks, checking PMs, etc. It seems silly not to use all of the features that make this great site what it is. :confused:

I would think you have to log in to be able to tell if somebody is reading and following the daily doings, but i know there are a ton of people who follow along without logging in.

well said

I read this site daily since my wife and I moved to Maryland 4 months ago.  I also have been fishing everyday minus four or five day's since we moved here.  That said, this site is a "wealth" of information, and I often feel like anything I post would just be fluff compared to the guy's who have been here and doing this type of fishing for years.  I should probably post more, but I never post a lot on sites as everyone else seems to cover most responses quickly.  Thank you for having the site, and sharing all the info you do, each and every one of you.  It's about the only thing I read every single day on the internet with certainty.

I read this site daily since my wife and I moved to Maryland 4 months ago.  I also have been fishing everyday minus four or five day's since we moved here.  That said, this site is a "wealth" of information, and I often feel like anything I post would just be fluff compared to the guy's who have been here and doing this type of fishing for years.  I should probably post more, but I never post a lot on sites as everyone else seems to cover most responses quickly.  Thank you for having the site, and sharing all the info you do, each and every one of you.  It's about the only thing I read every single day on the internet with certainty.

nonsense.... everyone has something to share... and you never know who doesn't know that already.