Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason B

Power handle 704Z

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Has anybody drilled out their 704 torpedo knob and replaced it with one of those power handle knobs advertised to the right?

They look like it might work, and may be easy, but I wanted to ask before I pick up a few.

This weekend I had blow-up bird nest with my 706 and had to switch to my back-up 704. The torpedo handle felt so small it felt like I needed to have my dainty pinky out as I reeled.

If you do not want to switch handles then yes you can drill out the torpedo knob and use a new knob. I never used the ones advertised on this site however I have used Accurate knobs (wiffle ball style knob).

Slick,

Good call, but for $20 it may be a nice set-up that is ready to go any time. Truthfully the main reason I pick up the 706 over the 704 is the handle. If the power handle works, it would be nice to have few options as I set up. The slight differences in the pum's can be overlooked if the handle was no longer a factor. I don't have to tell you what a pain it is finding a grinder is anymore and this may be a sweet alternative.

jason, then try to find one of these. I have a site that sells these $39.99. The knob is silver but it works. It can be removed from the handle with an alan key. If you mind the color and want black I dont see any reason why you cant use the ones you mentioned. Cheaper too