Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coachben

My 10 year old daughter from PA did well at IBSP this weekend.....

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Not sure why all the ranting and complaining about the park this weekend. fished it with my daughter and wife and not a problem. We drove to area 23 lot parked the mini van and walked south about a mile or more each day. Started out about 2 hour before dead low tide and had plenty of room and plenty of fish. I know we are from PA and should not be fishing IBSP but who cares. My daughter had her biggest fish at 33 inch......12 pounds. All on her own from cast to landing with no help from dad. And to the folks who cheered her on from the beach while she was out on the bar fighting fish and outcasting the guys along side her thanks for all the support!!!

And to the guys who gave me dirty looks when I walked out on the bar with my daughter sorry she out fished you!!!!! Apparently the fish were only 30 yards out and not 100...lol.450

The smile on your daughter's face is the reason!

The picture suggests that "dirty looks" wouldn't have resulted from going onto the bar thus interferring anyone who had been there, before you, casting from shore.  There are just some people.

I'm of the same mindset as the folks who cheered her on from the beach.  Do you think she'll save that experience, shared with her dad, as a memory?  smile.gif

The best quote of the weekend was from a guy who walked out on a bar with me. I was out on a bar about 30 yards. My Daughter stayed on the beach behind me with my wife casting into the trough between me and the beach. She knows that there are sometimes fish in the cut. So she is to my left behind me and this guy walks out onto the bar from my right goes behind me and sets up on the left of me right in front of my daughter. I politely suggested he might want to move as my daughter may hit him in the back of the head. He looked at me and said DO YOU REALLY THINK SHE CAN REACH ME? I said if you stay there you may find out. The next cast my daughter lands an AVA right next to the guy........2 feet to his right. He moved and never said a word and never looked back PRICELESS...... :D

But I did have to have a talk with my daughter about safety and looking front and behind before casting. In return she said but I was set up there first and he was in my way!!!!