Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotfishgirl

st croix rod question

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Is there a good mom and pop bait n tackle shop that carries a full line of salt water st croix rods that you would recommend.I have been to Bass pro shop and cabellas and find them both over whelming with gear to the point where i can not find anything.TY.

You may need to wait until after the holidays to go rod shopping. When I was recently in the Red Top the selection was pretty thin as they're holding off on ordering due to the end of the year inventory tax they have to pay. That is one stupid tax I've never understood. They pay for something sitting on their shelves that they haven't sold yet?

Kittery Trading Post has large selection of St. Croix rods - salt and fresh.  Even still had a few Mojo series rods recently.  Not exactly a Mom and Pop but they've been owned by one family all along.

You may need to wait until after the holidays to go rod shopping. When I was recently in the Red Top the selection was pretty thin as they're holding off on ordering due to the end of the year inventory tax they have to pay. That is one stupid tax I've never understood. They pay for something sitting on their shelves that they haven't sold yet?

inventory tax, you gotta love mass politicians that come up with this crap,

+1 on Red Top

Its not an "inventory tax", but higher fiscal-year end inventories can affect your gross profits which in turn influences tax rate/amount owed. Higher profits=more tax. Its a federal (and state)deal...all businesses deal with it. It can also affect working capital and the ability to borrow money.

http://www.understand-accounting.net/Inventory.html

+1 on Red Top

Its not an "inventory tax", but higher fiscal-year end inventories can affect your gross profits which in turn influences tax rate/amount owed. Higher profits=more tax. Its a federal (and state)deal...all businesses deal with it. It can also affect working capital and the ability to borrow money.

http://www.understand-accounting.net/Inventory.html

A lot also depends if the stock and or raw materials are owned (payed for) or financed.

Hi's Tackle Box on line is having a 20% off sale until end of today with free shipping. There are exclusions but St Croix was not listed as one of them. I have one in my cart with 20% off but have not decided to check out as of yet!