Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lichum

New Hampshire Union Leader Endorses Gingrich

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

This newspaper endorses Newt Gingrich in the New Hampshire Presidential Primary.

America is at a crucial crossroads. It is not going to be enough to merely replace Barack Obama next year. We are in critical need of the innovative, forward-looking strategy and positive leadership that Gingrich has shown he is capable of providing.

He did so with the Contract with America. He did it in bringing in the first Republican House in 40 years and by forging balanced budgets and even a surplus despite the political challenge of dealing with a Democratic President. A lot of candidates say they're going to improve Washington. Newt Gingrich has actually done that, and in this race he offers the best shot of doing it again.

We sympathize with the many people we have heard from, both here and across the country, who remain unsure of their choice this close to the primary. It is understandable. Our nation is in peril, yet much of the attention has been focused on fluff, silliness and each candidate's minor miscues.

Truth be known, many in the liberal media are belittling the Republican candidates because they don't want any of them to be taken as a serious challenger to their man, Obama.

Readers of the Union Leader and Sunday News know that we don't back candidates based on popularity polls or big-shot backers. We look for conservatives of courage and conviction who are independent-minded, grounded in their core beliefs about this nation and its people, and best equipped for the job.

We don't have to agree with them on every issue. We would rather back someone with whom we may sometimes disagree than one who tells us what he thinks we want to hear.

Newt Gingrich is by no means the perfect candidate. But Republican primary voters too often make the mistake of preferring an unattainable ideal to the best candidate who is actually running. In this incredibly important election, that candidate is Newt Gingrich. He has the experience, the leadership qualities and the vision to lead this country in these trying times. He is worthy of your support on January 10.

I was surprised the paper didn't back Romney, being as the states are neighbors, and saw first hand how Romney ran things.

Or maybe that's exactly why they didn't back Romney. :confused:

The guy who was run out of Washington in disgrace by his own party is a great choice!

I'm waiting for someone to say that we need a corrupt politician to run a corrupt country.

I was surprised the paper didn't back Romney, being as the states are neighbors, and saw first hand how Romney ran things.

Or maybe that's exactly why they didn't back Romney. :confused:

The latter.

I'll take Newt, warts and all over the punk ass POS POTUS we're saddled with now! We know a lot about the Newt and virtually nothing about Barak Hussein Obama mmm mmm mmm except the fact that he doesn't have the best interest of our nation at heart and he's doing everhtying possible to bring us down. He's a creation of some shady characters behind the scenes, I mean going from a community organizer to state rep to Senator from Illinois to Prez without ever holding a job, no college transcripts, no one coming forward to say they knew him in the past, to his Tony Rezco dealings, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers aarrrrrggghhhhh! And the Demokratz have the balls to run this tool again? ******* treasonous I tell you.

I'll take Newt, warts and all over the punk ass POS POTUS we're saddled with now! We know a lot about the Newt and virtually nothing about Barak Hussein Obama mmm mmm mmm except the fact that he doesn't have the best interest of our nation at heart and he's doing everhtying possible to bring us down. He's a creation of some shady characters behind the scenes, I mean going from a community organizer to state rep to Senator from Illinois to Prez without ever holding a job, no college transcripts, no one coming forward to say they knew him in the past, to his Tony Rezco dealings, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers aarrrrrggghhhhh! And the Demokratz have the balls to run this tool again? ******* treasonous I tell you.

I agree with Newt being a great candidate.

You are completely off-base and out of touch with everything else in your post.

Bill Ayers was a right-wing fantasy that doesn't hold any water.

No one coming forward who knows him? Crap. Complete crap - you have never checked into this. How do I know? Because I have.

If you go around calling the POTUS a POS, then you have serious issues that will not abate with the addition of a new president.

Seriously.....

I agree with Newt being a great candidate.

You are completely off-base and out of touch with everything else in your post.

Bill Ayers was a right-wing fantasy that doesn't hold any water.

No one coming forward who knows him? Crap. Complete crap - you have never checked into this. How do I know? Because I have.

If you go around calling the POTUS a POS, then you have serious issues that will not abate with the addition of a new president.

Seriously.....

Bill Ayers was right wing? That’s a giggle, try terrorist in spades and you might be close.

In so far as the rest goes let’s face it Barry Boy is a total and complete failure. The total of his accomplishments is killing obl and shoving Obama care up our collective asses.

Yep, deck you keep right on defending the indefensible and we’ll see you after next November.

Your boy is a looser who still can’t get a grip on the fact that he wanted the job... So shut up and get on with the fix, stop the eternal blaming of everything and everybody on his complete and utter failure.

The guy is a Chicago crook of the first order and you guys on the left would walk through fire to keep this crook in office just so the milk and cookies don’t run out... Wake up men...

Bill Ayers was right wing? That’s a giggle, try terrorist in spades and you might be close.

In so far as the rest goes let’s face it Barry Boy is a total and complete failure. The total of his accomplishments is killing obl and shoving Obama care up our collective asses.

Yep, deck you keep right on defending the indefensible and we’ll see you after next November.

Your boy is a looser who still can’t get a grip on the fact that he wanted the job... So shut up and get on with the fix, stop the eternal blaming of everything and everybody on his complete and utter failure.

The guy is a Chicago crook of the first order and you guys on the left would walk through fire to keep this crook in office just so the milk and cookies don’t run out... Wake up men...

You misunderstood what I implied about Ayers - what I meant was, he gives you guys on the right a boner, and for no good reason....there is no Ayers-Obama link. No matter how hard you try to pair those guys together! They served on a bi-partisan comity together - that's it! I know it's disappointing, but try as you may, Ayers never wrote Obamas book, he never used to sell him weed, he isn't Obama's real 'dad" or any other garbage you guys so longingly want to connect him too.

Obama's my 'boy?'

I have openly endorsed Gingrich. I do so in just about every thread I post in. I guess you didn't see the thread I started about this?

Chicago crook? You have facts to back that up of course [repeating things without checking into them doesn't count]

Killing OBL was not achieved under any prior administration - Bush declared a very expensive ground war against Afghanistan to try and get him - it took Obama one overnight raid to do it. Very cheap! Is that economical or what?

You have a lot of nerve trying to call me out for being a left-wing commie! I kind of like that - even though it's completely stupid. ;)

no.

kiss of death for any candidate that gets endorsed by the NH Union Leader

Why Gingrich's N.H. endorsement is a bigger deal than it seems

Washington (CNN) -- The timing couldn't have been better for Newt Gingrich.

He's under fire from some of his rivals for the GOP presidential nomination and from some top conservative voices for suggesting at the CNN Republican debate last week that there should be a "path to legality" for some illegal immigrants. But the former House speaker got a shot in the arm in the form of the New Hampshire Union Leader's endorsement.

The newspaper's support is akin to a conservative stamp of approval: The Union Leader is the only statewide newspaper in the state that holds the first-in-the-nation primary, and its editorial page is influential among Granite State conservatives.

Gingrich grabs major N.H. endorsement

The endorsement, which labeled Gingrich as the "best candidate who is actually running," could also make him a player in a state where former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has home-field advantage.

Romney is the overwhelming front-runner in polls of likely New Hampshire primary voters, thanks in part to name recognition. Romney was governor of neighboring Massachusetts, and much of southern New Hampshire is in the Boston media market. Romney also owns a vacation home in the Granite State and spent a lot of time campaigning there in the last presidential cycle, as well as making very public stops the past two years to help local New Hampshire Republicans.