Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robc22

Good stuff

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

A buddy and I spent Saturday afternoon trout fishing sheep's pond, Brewster. There was plenty of trout to caught.We both got our limit. We released any that we lip hooked. Bait fishing for trout is one of my favourite pastimes. There is not the trials and tribulations one finds with other fisheries. Everyone is very friendly. I just bring my deck chair, thermos of tea, rods and bait and have a good time. My neighbors have been hinting that I should resume checking my lobster traps.( I very am sick of lobster right now so I have not been working my gear very hard these past 6 weeks) So four of these trout will be given to the neighbors. The other two mr. clyde's and I will enjoy while watching the pats game this afternoon.............

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2513846/width/600/height/450]

Looks like a chain Pickeral,Great colors on that body,Clean Fish. The Picks up In my local waters have less color,Goes along with the murky waters.

The pattern on the grass pickerel is very diferent - larger dark sections. You probably wouldn't see in in this photo, but there's also a dark 'tear drop' under the eye.

the best thing for trout is to get your worms in corn meal a week or so before you plan on using them ,,, as they ingest the meal it plumps them and then when you put them on the hook , the meal that comes out along with the worm inerds are like crazy food for the trout ,,,