Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluefish1928thing

Does Dick's Sporting Goods consider jig heads as lures?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

^ as stated above because my local dick's is having a buy 3 get 1 free deal on all lures and I happen to be in the need/well fishing need for some jigheads.

I think asking someone at Dick's sporting goods would be the way to find out for sure.I think they do consider Jigheads lures because the sign was directly above the Spro bucktails, but i can't say for sure.

I was at their store yesterday and they had the buy 2 and get one free on certain artificials along with the buy 3 deal. I didn't need any and just bought some lead, but i would call and talk to someone in that department.

You must be speaking of the Columbia location, which was probably the best stocked in terms of saltwater fishing gear in our area. They also got rid of the hunting supplies as well. I have my theories but will leave them in the PG forum...

You must be speaking of the Columbia location, which was probably the best stocked in terms of saltwater fishing gear in our area. They also got rid of the hunting supplies as well. I have my theories but will leave them in the PG forum...

Sports Authority did the same thing years ago. Except they kept a limited fishing isle.

Walmart stopped selling guns becuase it wasn't a huge money maker.

Sports Authority did the same thing years ago. Except they kept a limited fishing isle.

Walmart stopped selling guns becuase it wasn't a huge money maker.

It's only this particular Dick's location that has completely removed the hunting/fishing section, the rest in the area keep a healthy supply of fishing and shooting supplies. Sad really, as this location carried a lot of saltwater items that the BPS 15 minutes down the road didn't.

I noticed the Sports Authority by my house reduce the size of its fishing department considerably before it shut down. Then again, SA is owned by K-mart who also did the same thing.

Many Wal Marts still sell firearms and several that stripped the sporting goods department of their gun cabinets are putting them back in. Recently there have been sightings that some Wal Marts are now carrying AR15 style rifles. There's definitely money to be made.

It's only this particular Dick's location that has completely removed the hunting/fishing section, the rest in the area keep a healthy supply of fishing and shooting supplies. Sad really, as this location carried a lot of saltwater items that the BPS 15 minutes down the road didn't.

I noticed the Sports Authority by my house reduce the size of its fishing department considerably before it shut down. Then again, SA is owned by K-mart who also did the same thing.

Many Wal Marts still sell firearms and several that stripped the sporting goods department of their gun cabinets are putting them back in. Recently there have been sightings that some Wal Marts are now carrying AR15 style rifles. There's definitely money to be made.

The fishing section of SA's has sucked ever since that chain was bought out by Gart Sports...Prior to that time, while it could be a crap shoot depending which store you went to, it generally wasn't that bad.

Yes, that was it - Columbia.

I went just after they finished the remodel. I was walking out and the manager was by the door. He asked "Did you find everything ok?" I indicated I couldn't find the fishing stuff with their new layout. He said they wouldn't not be carrying fishing items here anymore - not enough people wanted it. I said I would not be coming back anymore - don't carry what i want.