Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bikeandbass

Just Saying Hello to All the Builders Out There!

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I Just moved here(Brooklyn, NY) from South Korea and California where i learned to build rods and fish. i Just wanted to say you have a great forum here and hope to learn lots from all the talented builders.

Take Care,

Steve

Hey Guys,

I Just moved here(Brooklyn, NY) from South Korea and California where i learned to build rods and fish. i Just wanted to say you have a great forum here and hope to learn lots from all the talented builders.

Take Care,

Steve

Welcome aboard, the guys on these boards are great and are always willing to help, we even have a brilliant mad scientist on hand to answer the really tough questions(and as of now he doesn't charge) but that's subject to change depending on the persons attitude.:th::th:

I'm in Staten Island, but I fished Prospect Park extensively for about 10 years before moving here. I used to walk there before going to work, fish for 1-2 hours 4 days a week. My Dad caught a LMB 24" there last year, and had a dozen over 18" in a 2 week s stretch. All in the Spring

Quote:

Originally Posted by HL View Post

I hope that you build fly rods HappyWave.gif

Regards,

Herb

I mostly build build for myself which i don't fly fish, but love all the detail that goes into fly rods.  I can respect any person who puts the time in to build, simple or complex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HL View Post

I hope that you build fly rods HappyWave.gif

Regards,

Herb

I mostly build build for myself which i don't fly fish, but love all the detail that goes into fly rods.  I can respect any person who puts the time in to build, simple or complex.

sorry guys for the multipost, still trying to get a handle on the site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnnashman View Post

Welcome aboard, the guys on these boards are great and are always willing to help, we even have a brilliant mad scientist on hand to answer the really tough questions(and as of now he doesn't charge) but that's subject to change depending on the persons attitude.icon14.gificon14.gif

awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy 40 View Post

I'm in Staten Island, but I fished Prospect Park extensively for about 10 years before moving here. I used to walk there before going to work, fish for 1-2 hours 4 days a week. My Dad caught a LMB 24" there last year, and had a dozen over 18" in a 2 week s stretch. All in the Spring

I actually moved out to this area of Brooklyn to fish after work. I caught a few nice ones this summer, but it is mostly to clear my mind of all the day's stresses and just be out there.  Great little spot we got here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxriver View Post

BKBass welcome .

Thank you, paxriver.