Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
h00dstar215

Reel Repair

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hio..how deep did you get? These things are popular because they are not that difficult to deal with.

Most shops will be about 20.00 plus parts, plus an upcharge for dis-assembled reels, plus both sets of postage.

You can easily get it running again, following any of the many tutorials out there.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/655594/abu-ultracast-how-to-restore-a-dead-reel would get you pointed in the right direction.

There are plenty of folks here, who can assist, should you run into major issues. I'd try again, before sending off.

If you search Nimo here at the sol, you will see some other reels he's done up.

What model reel is it?

Snap a few pics of how far you got, and Ken can point you in the right direction.

I know there a couple of guys close to you that would do it for no charge if you take care of the postage.

its a 7001i, cant take pics right now, but when ever i get home i will..

Nothing difficult about that reel to get it working again. Save yourself $50, and give these guys a shot.

Ah....a present day model...I bet I know what you did: you probably undid the 2 screws holding the side plate to the brake plate, and found it hard to take apart, when.... things went ""ka-SPROING""".......

Next time, pull the casting lever off first, with your trusty 9mm socket or wrench, ~then~ remove the hold down screws, and pull the side plate off. If this was not it, good on ya, and a fore-warn for readers of the thread.

Anyway, there are a couple of images here at SOL, showing a RH reel, which will basically be the same as yours except a mirror image. I'll see if I can scope them out. It may take a while, but maybe another reader will beat me to it. Which is good.