Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arby

Ditch Jigger - Too Skinny?

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

This morning in Tales and Lies, Ditch told all how much weight he lost. :shock: You definitely had a gut before.

Ditch, I'm also 6'2", Diabetic, and also went from 240# and at my skinniest was 155# in January of this year.

Never in my whole life was I as scared as when I was 155#. Unless you are a Marathon runner why would you want to be that weight. My weight loss was not my doing as I've been ill for a bit now. ( I don't want to go into the cause if my illness.)

I looked like a Concentration Camp survivor at 155#. This morning, thank God, I celebrated finally reaching 200#. There's no way I want to be 240# again but I can definitely be happy at 210. I think 185 - 200 is the prime weight for our height.)

Seriously, @ 155 I had no arse. Only bones.

That's me. If you are happy @ 155# then be happy. Opinions?

Tammy, at 155 it not only scared the crap outta me, but my family and friends as well. If he is happy at that weight then God Bless. I was just concerned.

Legislation creating a "Fat Tax" should be passed. It should be administered in conjunction with car registration and license renewal. Different color plates based upon your BMI... If you are obese, you get red plates and will have to park in the red zone furtherest away from stores, etc. You will be banded from fast food driver- thru... If you want to eat that crap you will have to park 5 miles away and walk. The proceeds from the tax will bring gazillions, even gabillions. Those who are most fit will get a vig on the tax. Start walking tubby.

I bicycle somewhere between 150 and 200 miles a week. Unless you're malnourished, there is no such thing as being "too skinny". I weighed 160 pounds when I graduated from high school. Very thin frame and small bones. If I wasn't doing heavy biking, I'd probably be at what my "ideal" weight on those insurance company charts is, 167.

Arby---what's your a1c? Mine was 5.6 last blood test.

I think DJ looks good. Biking 150-200 a week means that everything thats on his bones, is lean muscle. And everything he eats is fuel. Thats the way it should be.

I wish more of my friends and family took the warning signs and changed their habits like DJ did. We are going to be burying a lot of people in the next 10 years for no other reason that the people didn't appreciate the air we breath enough. The obituaries should read "death by laziness and indifference" instead of heart attacks, cancers, etc.

5.4 but I don't want to get into my health issues. I was definitely a mess at 240#. It's been a crappy 2 years for me.

With that kinda mileage you are in superb condition. I was totally the opposite at 155#. Malnourished, and I'm finally starting to get better. But I'll be happy @ 210.

I bicycle somewhere between 150 and 200 miles a week. Unless you're malnourished, there is no such thing as being "too skinny". I weighed 160 pounds when I graduated from high school. Very thin frame and small bones. If I wasn't doing heavy biking, I'd probably be at what my "ideal" weight on those insurance company charts is, 167.

How do you deal with the weather?

Tammy, at 155 it not only scared the crap outta me, but my family and friends as well. If he is happy at that weight then God Bless. I was just concerned.

Gee Wiz that is actually half of what I am I feel so fat :mad::o

How do you deal with the weather?

I duck when there's lightning around. Otherwise, I do what other people do. Dress for it. :confused:

If you're talking about biking, I have an indoor trainer for days when it's just too nasty. Rain sucks. Snow/ice can be dangerous. Cold below 20 degrees. Other than that, I do the same thing I do when I have to be outside walking---dress for it.