Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rudy

Need advice for my other side Long Branch/Sea Bright/Sandy Hook

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

For many years I have surf fished the The Gateway National recreational area in Breezy Point and in Rockaway Beach/Long Beach. I have an opportunity early next week to surf fish the Sandy Hook/sea bright area which I have seen in the distance for many years.

I have had some luck surf fishing this year but it not has been consistent this year. I thought I would give it a shot because I am in this area.

I don't want anyone to spot burn, I just need general info. If you can PM me so not to cause a stir and I thank you in advance.

I have had my best luck fishing the jetty in Breezy over the years so I figured there has to be similar jettys over there to fish from.

Thanks,

Rudy

There are jetties that run along the Monmouth County coast. They are sometimes crowded, but not this fall. You can pretty much pick one and be alone or maybe see one or two other guys. I'm talking daytime. This has been the worst fall I've seen in many, many years, in this area. Everything I've seen on SOL indicates all the action is in Ocean County and south. If you're fishing at night be very careful on the jetties, since you don't know them. Suggest you buddy up with someone who does. Good luck.

not much as far as jetties go until you get down around seven presidents/long branch area. not much in the way of parking in SB unless you know what you are doing.

they are nailing in em' in IBSP though, for weeks now!

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, where I usually fish has been bad this year for me. I heard about IBSP but it is a little far. I thought I would try a afternoon fishing trip in the Long Branch/Sea Bright area.

I thought it would be fun to try something different.

I agree that North Jeresy beaches are not that productive on the lower tides. Needless to say with all the hype surrounding the IBSP bite the Northern beaches have been over looked. There have been some great mornings from Monmouth Beach to North Sea Bright. Mostly at sunrise and quite a few regulars have stopped by to weigh some fish in at the shop. I usually fish central Sea Bright and just walk the beach as I like to stay away from the more crowded areas. Sandy Hook is a great spot especially when the winds are unfavorable to most spots in the area. If you decide to hike out to the tip don't follow me as last year I added an extra half hour or more to my hike. That hike is a funny story, will post it when I get time.

Here's my buddy Mark with a Bass he caught in Monmouth Beach, Thanksgiving morning.

post-64114-14230760088028_thumb.jpg

[ATTACHMENT=3399]T-Day Mark.JPG (74k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I agree that North Jeresy beaches are not that productive on the lower tides. Needless to say with all the hype surrounding the IBSP bite the Northern beaches have been over looked. There have been some great mornings from Monmouth Beach to North Sea Bright. Mostly at sunrise and quite a few regulars have stopped by to weigh some fish in at the shop. I usually fish central Sea Bright and just walk the beach as I like to stay away from the more crowded areas. Sandy Hook is a great spot especially when the winds are unfavorable to most spots in the area. If you decide to hike out to the tip don't follow me as last year I added an extra half hour or more to my hike. That hike is a funny story, will post it when I get time.

Here's my buddy Mark with a Bass he caught in Monmouth Beach, Thanksgiving morning.

Thanks for the props Max, I had great sessions Thursday and Friday mornings in Monmouth beach. On Sunday morning I couldn't seem to hook up, but I guy down the beach from me landed a 25 lb'er. There is still plenty of fish to be had, but from my recent experience tells me that the only time to catch is the hour immediately after the sun comes up. Slim pickings before then, and nothing after then.