Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Bigdeal

Tryptophan.....Tryptophan......Tryptophan.......?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Fell asleep for 3 hrs. after eating the bird last night.........that stuff just knocked me out.....especially with the wine.

Tryptophan...............is rough stuff......eat turkey if you have insomnia.

Sorry to tell ya, but Tryptophan sleepiness from turkey is mostly a myth...........spinach has more of it than turkey does.........as does most shellfish and other seafood, eggs, and even watercress..........

The sleepiness comes from just eating a lot................

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve in Mass View Post

Sorry to tell ya, but Tryptophan sleepiness from turkey is mostly a myth...........spinach has more of it than turkey does.........as does most shellfish and other seafood, eggs, and even watercress..........

And a touch of alcohol. beers.gif

no offense Steve...

but why don't you just **** off here and let everyone enjoy their turkey comas without any input from you?

seriously.

sorry but that's how i feel.

it's right up there with walking into a second grade class and killing santa claus and the easter bunny.

:dismay:

Wow.....I thought her doctors had the hormones under control.....:scared::eek:;)

That is twice in three days I got a major :bonk: by a woman with those issues..............

I think I'm gonna go hide somewhere, and eat four pounds of spinach..............

no hormone issues.

seriously, just because a woman doesn't like something you do or say doesn't mean it's hormonal. could be you were just being an ass.

SIM's correct.

In order for a person to be affected by the tryptophan in turkey they would have to eat a truckload of the stuff. They get tired because the body is working so hard to digest the large quantity of food they just ate.

PS Punkin'Chunkin' is not a sport!!!

no hormone issues.

seriously, just because a woman doesn't like something you do or say doesn't mean it's hormonal. could be you were just being an ass.

Perhaps in the case with you......the other one, not so much, the other person in question was being the ass..........

And sorry that I just passed on some FACTS......................gotta go cut up some turkey for sandwiches now.....there will be lettuce, tomato, and mayo. But no shellfish, watercress or spinach...........

Wow.....I thought her doctors had the hormones under control.....:scared::eek:;)

That is twice in three days I got a major :bonk: by a woman with those issues..............

I think I'm gonna go hide somewhere, and eat four pounds of spinach..............

What a stupid comment from the great SIM.

Perhaps in the case with you......the other one, not so much, the other person in question was being the ass..........

And sorry that I just passed on some FACTS......................gotta go cut up some turkey for sandwiches now.....there will be lettuce, tomato, and mayo. But no shellfish, watercress or spinach...........

will you nap afterwards?? :huh: