Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
capequahog

LSU, Alabama, Arkanas

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

LSU would win the SEC west with a win today over Arkansas. Then, they have to beat Georgia in the SEC championship game.

Alabama might benefit more by LSU winning today, because they'd avoid having to play the SEC title game. They'd have to beat Auburn in the Iron Bowl tomorrow. Then see what the voters do. A LSU loss in the SEC championship game would guarantee that they'll go to the BCS title game. Would the BCS send two teams from the same conference to the game if LSU wins? I have my doubts.

Arkansas' biggest problem is a very convincing loss back in October to Bama. It's unlikely that they'd jump the tide in the rankings if they upset LSU. What that does to the SEC west division, I can't say. You'd have 3 teams tied for first, with losses among them. LSU losing to Arkansas, Arkansas losing to Bama, and Bama losing to LSU. I have no idea what the tiebreaker is. Of course, this 3 way tie also depends on Bama beating Auburn tomorrow. And whoever emerged as the divisional winner would still have to beat Georgia in the conference championship.

Ok thanks ditch, my son in law a big Bama guy and he probably knows all that but their one loss  to LSU really bummed him out as he had already booked a trip to the bowl game or whatever for all the marbles 

Rule of thumb for the BCS ratings---late season losses hurt more than early season losses. But there is precedent for LSU going to the big game even if they're upset by Georgia in the SEC title game---a few years back, Oklahoma came out flat and lost to K-State in the Big 12 title game, and still got the BCS title game bid.