Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

It's a Sunny, Chilly Turkey Friday..........................

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

About 30 here this morning, but headed to the upper 50's later. Sunny and relatively warm for the weekend with highs near 60, then more seasonable next week with a chance of showers mid-week.

So, whatchya making? A lot of leftovers, no doubt............

We didn't have turkey yesterday (we had duck instead, no leftovers from that), but we did have it earlier in the week, so tonight am gonna use most of the last of it for sandwiches.

Am about to go out to the supermarket in a few minutes to see what kind of after T-Day bargains I can get at the meat counter......hoping for some marked down turkey parts to supplement what is left from the bird I made so that I can make a big pot of turkey soup either today or tomorrow.

Also might find a rib roast marked down for the weekend, but if not..........tomorrow will be London Broil on the grill, and Sunday probably spaghetti, meatballs, and sausage.

Monday by myself, perhaps a sausage and meatball sandwich (if I make the spaghetti on Sunday), or else a pork roll, egg, and cheese.

Rest of the week, one day will be striper on the grill, and another day likely home-made 'basa and kraut. Don't know the third day yet, but perhaps I will run across a 7 rib pork roast on sale and make that.

What are YOU making?

Oatmeal with cranberry conserve this morning. Turkey dinner again for a mid-afternoon lunch/dinner with a fresh batch of my daughter's buttermilk biscuits.

Beef, beef, beef..... Time to start selecting cuts from the 1/2 cow that hit the freezer Saturday. I'm thinkning something for the grill tomorrow, but not sure what yet.

So, no turkey part deals this AM......I think I went too early, cause the meat counter was still wiped out (having worked in a supermarket, I know they take the opportunity of being closed on Thanksgiving to empty the case and steam clean it, so I guess it hadn't been reloaded yet.) Maybe tomorrow..........

I did however get $11 worth of sausage (dated for tomorrow) for $2.....those $3 off manager special coupons on $3.50-$4.50 packages of meat are wonderful things......;)

I made stock yesterday from the thanksgiving turkey bones, 3 large and 3 small Chinese soup containers worth. Now it doesn't fit in the freezer. Had to take out a duck to make room. I guess were going to have duck today or tomorrow.

I made stock yesterday from the thanksgiving turkey bones, 3 large and 3 small Chinese soup containers worth. Now it doesn't fit in the freezer. Had to take out a duck to make room. I guess were going to have duck today or tomorrow.

Get achest freezer for the basement or garage.

My brother in law ran out of propane Friday morning so there was no cooking. Just turkey sammies and the last three dozen oysters. Home now so I'll make up the pies we planned on. I want to make soup too but I doubt it will fit into the freezer.

Saausage and shrimp jambalaya friday, needed something a little different. Yesterday smoked an eye round roast for french dip sandwiches and half a dozen big turkey legs. Made soup from the TG carcass which also cleaned out the fridge of odds and sods of veggies and greens. Store also had some big turkey thighs, about 1.5 lbs a piece, that went in the freezer to get braised at some point in the future.

Might go w turkey pot pie to use up stock, turkey, and left over veggies.