Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RomerShoal

Romer Shoal: More than just a Light now...

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Romer Shoal:  More than just a Light now...

Hello, Everyone.

In case the nickname is not a giveaway, I'm the guy that bought Romer Shoal.  So, now all those crazy ideas you guys shared are within the realm of possibility.

We are going to be working on access and remediation of the light in the Spring.  Beyond that, possibilities endless.

We are looking for ideas, financial support and volunteers.  Helping means access down the road.

Romer Shoal is important to many.  But, no one spends more time around the light than the fishermen that frequent this forum.  We are looking to engage you folks any way we can.

Reach out to us, if you would like to be involved.

(*Edited - please don't post your website or email address here - be my guest to engage in the discussions, but please keep the discussions public - thanks :) TimS)

Unless I'm totally wrong............and I've been known to be............this looks like the Money Pit from hell.

Hoping for the best............I wish you luck.

Will monitor your progress as I fish the waters around it.......

From the Staten Island Advance .....

"Scalia's businesses include Historic Old Bermuda Inn in Rossville and the John Vincent Scalia Home for Funerals in Eltingville. With a lighthouse, and its stories of keepers, both heroic and mysterious, he has gained another connection to history and matters of life and death.

"I like projects. I always have to have some sort of project," said Scalia.

Between refurbishing the lighthouse and rebuilding its dock to receive visitors, he may not need another one for awhile. "

Hi, guys.

Appreciate you guys caring enough to do your homework.  John Scalia and I are the team that bought it.  We have formed a corporation that owns the light. It's called National Lighthouse Museum Services, Inc. We are aligned with the soon-to-open National lighthouse Museum.  Out light at Romer Shoal used to be the training light for new lightkeepers and based on land in SI, on the site where the NLM will be.

Keep 'em coming, guys!

(*edited - please don't post links here - thanks. TimS)

Now there's a novel idea........great place for a.... Mausoleum.......very quiet.....and great add to his existing business.

I can see it now, funeral procession of fishing boats with their bow lights on......and the crypt in the shape of an Igloo ice Chest....that's it.