Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knight771

Good Reminder

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Yes, come to think of it. Honoring the KIA of all wars, military uniforms, requests to act in a certain way at certain times. Yep. Hadn't thought of it before. Good one John.;)

Hawk, we keep f---ing up. Some day we will get to wet a line together and have a drink to getting old.;)

Hawk, we keep f---ing up. Some day we will get to wet a line together and have a drink to getting old.;)

I'm looking forward to it! Not sure about the old part though... :D After one heart stent and daily blood thinners (which makes winter fishing damn tough), I still feel pretty good. The mindset is the key! We'll get there in the spring! Don't think we'll be going to Florida this winter, though.

You know, you really are, in the very truest sense of the word, a mother******* dewchebag.

:laugh:

Gosh squid, just say what you mean. :D

Man has a point though. What do you think the OWS crowd would said about that vid. I can guess. Something like "militaristic MF" "Fascist imperialist killers" "I can say and do whatever I want whereever I want. I don't have to take orders from him." "Dumbass soldier wouldn't tell me what to do."

Seen it before.

Listen, the hardcore left isn't gonna be found anywhere near the memorial or even commenting on this video for that matter.

My guess as to what you are hearing in the clip, the subdued laughter, is either it's a bunch of high school kids that aren't mature enough to understand what they are seeing or a group of vets that were caught up in the moment of being reunited and for a second forgot where they were after one of them made an off color remark.

It sounded like an honest slip up and the Marine guard did his job and put a quick end to the shenanigans. No harm, no foul.

Listen, the hardcore left isn't gonna be found anywhere near the memorial or even commenting on this video for that matter.

My guess as to what you are hearing in the clip, the subdued laughter, is either it's a bunch of high school kids that aren't mature enough to understand what they are seeing or a group of vets that were caught up in the moment of being reunited and for a second forgot where they were after one of them made an off color remark.

It sounded like an honest slip up and the Marine guard did his job and put a quick end to the shenanigans. No harm, no foul.

Squid,

I agree. The people laughing probably were just having a moment which happens to all of us in life. Probably were embarrased for their own thoughlessness after they were called out.

One very important thing. There are no MARINE GUARDS at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Those are U.S. Army Regulars of the Third Infantry and if you take a moment google up and read about the guard duty. That is a very, very prestigious slot and very, very demanding as you can well imagine. Those who don't know often confuse the U.S. Army dress blues with the U.S. Marine Corp dress blues. Biggest giveaway is the Army has a gold stripe down the pants, Marines are red. My dress blues are up in my special closet and I can't fit it them anymore:) but I will be buried in them.

If you told Third Infantry they looked like Marines it would be an insult.;) Better to tell Marines they look almost as good as Third Infantry, all dressed up and strac.

doesn't that more or less represent EVERYTHING the left hates? :)

You know, you really are, in the very truest sense of the word, a mother******* dewchebag.

:laugh:

That would make John M perfect in my book.

If we don't make the left fuming mad with everything we do, we are doing it wrong.