Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

anyone else having their worst year ever

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

The company I work for is giving out no raises, no bonuses and no profit sharing, which usually equate to about two times the national average income, but no, this isn't even close to the worst year ever for me. Financially, yeah, it's a huge hit, and I directly blame everyone who voted for Obama, but still, they don't care. They don't care about themselves, why would they care about someone who derives a paycheck from making the economy move like me. Pathetic trash. But still....

One of the bet parts of my year was meting a lot of great new freinds, one night in particular, in Rhode island, plus another evening in a grubby town wilth a guy and his son and his coworker. That, and the first annual leadfest in CT, and all the other great times meeting awesome friends from SOL and fishing in general made up for the worst fishing year for me of the last decade.  

By far the worst.

Bankruptcy, house in foreclosure,Payroll cut by over 25%, lost health ins , so now I pay 1250 a month for prescriptions out of pocket, Rolled my kayak after getting swamped by a passing cc and lost my $350 rod/reel combo,truck brakes failed on my fishing trip with Dad to NH so we only got to fish one day of 4 ,Cat now has diabetes ( daily injections), girlfriend of 5 years on the outs and I broke my arm while clearing downed trees from the snowstorm.

But, for now I am vertical. :bigeyes:

and yet, here we all sit on our computers, with internet service we probably paid for, most likely in a warm home of some kind with a roof over our heads, possibly sipping on a cuppa joe or a beer or a nice shot of whiskey, complaining about the worst years of our lives....

when there are still those who have no home, no warmth, no computer, much less internet.... and would kill for a warm cup of coffee...

just sayin'.

i'm pretty ******* grateful right now to be having a "******" year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLDig View Post

and yet, here we all sit on our computers, with internet service we probably paid for, most likely in a warm home of some kind with a roof over our heads, possibly sipping on a cuppa joe or a beer or a nice shot of whiskey, complaining about the worst years of our lives....

when there are still those who have no home, no warmth, no computer, much less internet.... and would kill for a warm cup of coffee...

just sayin'.

Tam had it rough, and can still smile. the fact that we're capable of bitching means it wasn't that freakin bad! 

My uncle was a Huey dust off pilot in viet nam, 4 tours, told me if I ever thought I was having a bad day to call him. One day, I called him to whine, I have never since whine about having a bad day, My worst day will never, ever come close to his worst day. I highly doubt I'll ever know what my my co pilots brains taste like as my uncle did that day. Bro, we have it good. Take that!  

just sayin'.

nope, i steal internet from a neighbor. my place is cold and drafty. no beer, no whiskey cuz i have no money. i bought my 1st pack of cigs since friday with the stash of laundry change i found in the car i hafta sell. but it's gonna get better. my 10th year anniversary is on saturday, cant wait for that.

just sayin'.

nope, i steal internet from a neighbor. my place is cold and drafty. no beer, no whiskey cuz i have no money. i bought my 1st pack of cigs since friday with the stash of laundry change i found in the car i hafta sell. but it's gonna get better. my 10th year anniversary is on saturday, cant wait for that.

well then if i were you, tomorrow i'd be showing up at the nearest church or shelter that is serving Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless and instead of sitting down to eat, prepare their meals and serve others. because seriously, i'm about tired of hearing you whine how bad you have it. you choose to have it bad because you do nothing to change it.

sorry, i'm all out of sympathy for you.

The company I work for is giving out no raises, no bonuses and no profit sharing, which usually equate to about two times the national average income, but no, this isn't even close to the worst year ever for me. Financially, yeah, it's a huge hit, and I directly blame everyone who voted for Obama, but still, they don't care. They don't care about themselves, why would they care about someone who derives a paycheck from making the economy move like me. Pathetic trash. But still....

One of the bet parts of my year was meting a lot of great new freinds, one night in particular, in Rhode island, plus another evening in a grubby town wilth a guy and his son and his coworker. That, and the first annual leadfest in CT, and all the other great times meeting awesome friends from SOL and fishing in general made up for the worst fishing year for me of the last decade.  

Our healthcare insurance at work went up over $26,000 this year. Company provides our insurance, we pay a tiny bit. Think I pay like $9 a paycheck. Which isn't bad. They have worked the number so much we actually have a secondary insurance that covers most of the huge deductible they need to keep the primary insurance with in reason. Think its set at $1500, and the second company pays a $1,000 so we end up with $100 deductible

Every November we've had to fill out new paperwork to get insurance quotes to try and get better pricing, which means we usually change insurance. Not this year though. The company is taking the price increase and isn't passing it on to us :th:

I couldn't ask for a better employer and I'd never think about leaving. I'm pretty much family at this point and treated like it.

But no matter how bad the economy is, no matter how much in debt we are in or how far behind we are on bills, nothing means more to me then Jenn and the 2 kids. Its been a pretty good year minus our financial status and at this point I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. :th:

Seriously dude you need to let go of the ******* past and move on. Jenn has the same problem. She can't seem to let go of stuff that happened 5 or 6 years ago. I'm getting tired of hearing her bitch about it. Even her doctor and paster told her she needs to move on and let it go and worry about now.

No girl you are gonna date and possibly have a relationship with is gonna wanna hear about the past. ******* let it go and move on. Its over and done with ain't nothing gonna change. Like tammy said we're all out of sympathy for you.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and start making your life better. Its a lot healthier :th:

Sorry to be harsh but you ain't ******** up this holiday with feeling sorry for yourself when there is no reason for it. At least not if we can help it. :D

By far the worst.

Bankruptcy, house in foreclosure,Payroll cut by over 25%, lost health ins , so now I pay 1250 a month for prescriptions out of pocket, Rolled my kayak after getting swamped by a passing cc and lost my $350 rod/reel combo,truck brakes failed on my fishing trip with Dad to NH so we only got to fish one day of 4 ,Cat now has diabetes ( daily injections), girlfriend of 5 years on the outs and I broke my arm while clearing downed trees from the snowstorm.

But, for now I am vertical. :bigeyes:

Good god bro, I'm gonna say a prayer for you tonight. Be safe brother, I hope it gets better for you....

sorry, i'm all out of sympathy for you.

not lookin for any. i have every reason in the world to be dissatisfied with where I'm at. sure many people have it worse. im not other people and things have slid way down for me. much of which i have control over and much that i dont. im not gonna pretend things dont suck just because things suck worse for others. i judge myself by my own standards. if i succeed, other peoples greater success aint gonna make me feel bad and when i fail, the failings of others are irrelevant to me. i'm blessed to ba able to mooch yet another free meal off family later. maybe ill get a free load of laundry out of the deal too.

not lookin for any. i have every reason in the world to be dissatisfied with where I'm at. sure many people have it worse. im not other people and things have slid way down for me. much of which i have control over and much that i dont. im not gonna pretend things dont suck just because things suck worse for others. i judge myself by my own standards. if i succeed, other peoples greater success aint gonna make me feel bad and when i fail, the failings of others are irrelevant to me. i'm blessed to ba able to mooch yet another free meal off family later. maybe ill get a free load of laundry out of the deal too.

Hey bro, let me send you a carton of cigs. I get them at the Indian reservation out on long island. I pay $12.50 a carton. Its on me. Pm me your address.... Btw we're not talkin Marlboro or the premium brands here. Their smokeable, all I know. I like them cause there $12.50 a carton....