Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squidlips

Tire Rack

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

If I can't get what I want from Costco I do the Rack and have it installed locally. Even with shipping it's still been cheaper than the local supplier/distributor of the same tire/brand. Even if you don't buy from the Rack it's a good place for survey & ratings info IMO.

$45 shipping vs $25 tax. Not too bad.

Here's how it worked out for me.

Local Shop...

2 tires - $430

Mount and balance - $25

Tax - $32

Total - $487

Tire Rack...

2 tires - $325

Mount and balance - $40 Tax included

Shipping - $45

Total - $410

On a set of four tires that's real money!

I used to go to Town Fair but when i went there to get some tires and brought some online pricing they gave me a load of crap and finally caved in and did the tires for the same price bt they took out all of their normal free included stuff so I didn't save a damn thing. So I don't go there anymore. I did the Tire Rack thing for tires on my boat trailer. I had them ship direct to a local installer which you can find on their website. I called the installer up and scheduled to have the tires put on and had them done in about 3-4 days later. The best tire experience I have ever had and i won't hesitate to do that again. Very simple and easy. I am sure you have to find the right installer garage but i lucked out with these guys in Hamden and it is only 20 min. from home.

Discount Tire is also a good substitute for tire rack sometimes. Their tire prices are slightly higher but they dont charge for shipping. It usually comes out to about the same though. . . . usually. The nice thing about Tire Rack is if I order from them I have my tires the next day since they have a store in Delaware, Discount Tire usually takes 2-3 days

Yes that is me. That was a 56.5 lb. bass I caught out at Fishers Island in 2006 on a live bunker. Really a beautiful fish and a gorgeous morning in late September.

That is a great picture.

Yes that is me. That was a 56.5 lb. bass I caught out at Fishers Island in 2006 on a live bunker. Really a beautiful fish and a gorgeous morning in late September.

WOW WOW WOW! Great fish, Mike.

Ed P

That is a great picture.

Thank you it is one of my favorites of all time. The lighting and everything just makes it pop. That was my second 50+ bass and just as sweet as the first when you find a beauty like that. Sorry didn't mean to highjack the OP's thread.