Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiss my bass

Penn Battle Spare Spool?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I have a penn battle 5000 and am looking for a spare spool for my reel. Does anyone know if for example, the 6000 size spool fits the 5000 reel, because i would like to get the best capacity possible.

I took the gamble and bought a 5000 spool for my battle 6000, I figured it was the same when I looked at the config. it was the same layout for the 5000/6000. Upon trying to fit it on it went on fine but when you retrieve it it rubs a little, so its a no go...

need a extra 5000 spool? :D

I took the gamble and bought a 5000 spool for my battle 6000, I figured it was the same when I looked at the config. it was the same layout for the 5000/6000. Upon trying to fit it on it went on fine but when you retrieve it it rubs a little, so its a no go...

need a extra 5000 spool? :D

I was under the impression that the only difference between the 5k and 6k was the spool size? The body was exactly the same? :confused:

What exactly rubs?

I have the feeling the Motor on the reels are different. So if you buy a 6000 spool it might be too big for the Motor on a 5000. If the Motors where the same then it would be no problem interchanging spools( take note Penn ;) ) but its obvious on the size diff that it might not work.

I am willing to trade for something.:D

here are the spools side by side....you can see how the 6000 is wider & taller..

[img=

you can see the diameter diff...here also

IMG_0678.jpg

Hope this helps, I tried doing a search prior to buying and didnt find anything, ,maybe it will answer questions others might have had.

I believe the 5000 and 6000 share a reel body, but you'd have to change both the rotor (and parts that attach, like the bail, line roller, etc.) and the spool to make the change. Not likely to be economical on a reel that costs $110.