Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SallyGrowler

Demonstrators Plan to Occupy Retailers on Black Friday: another dumb Idea

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Some demonstrators are planning to occupy retailers on Black Friday to protest "the business that are in the pockets of Wall Street."

Organizers are encouraging consumers to either occupy or boycott retailers that are publicly traded, according to the Stop Black Fridaywebsite.

The goal of the movement is to impact the profits of major corporations this holiday season.

"The idea is simple, hit the corporations that corrupt and control American politics where it hurts, their profits, " states the Occupy Black Friday ******** page.

A few of the retailers the protesters plan on targeting include Neiman Marcus, Amazon and Wal-Mart.

Their website states the following:

"Keep in mind that we are not occupying small businesses or hardworking people—we must make a distinction between the businesses that are in the pockets of Wall Street and the businesses that serve our local communities.

We are NOT anti-capitalist. Just anti-crapitalist.

Below is a shortlist for publicly traded large businesses to Occupy or to boycott on Black Friday. Luckily, most of them don't have good presents anyway. If you want to see the top 100 retail businesses for 2010 to boycott, click here.

On Black Friday, Occupy or boycott:

- Abercrombie & Fitch [ANF 44.95 -0.72 (-1.58%) ]

- Amazon.com (yes, we have to stay away from Amazon, too!) [AMZN 189.445 -2.895 (-1.51%) ]

- AT&T Wireless [ATT 27.082 0.042 (+0.16%) ]

- Burlington Coat Factory

- Dick's Sporting Goods (I was surprised, too!) [DSG-FF 28.505 -0.43 (-1.49%) ]

- Dollar Tree [DLTR 76.87 -0.22 (-0.29%) ]

- The Home Depot [HD 36.53 -0.57 (-1.54%) ]

- Neiman Marcus

- OfficeMax [OMX 4.225 -0.265 (-5.9%) ]

- Toys R'Us [JPM 28.54 -0.87 (-2.96%) ]

- Verizon Wireless [VZN 92.85 -1.45 (-1.54%) ]

- Wal-Mart [WMT 56.38 -0.47 (-0.83%) ]

Solidarity!"

,, :rolleyes:

these guys are asking for trouble. if you thought cops with mace and clubs were bad, wait til you prevent a few hundred "bargain hunters" from reaching their destiny...

This is like Alien vs Predator

They should try to Occupy Walmart in Queens on Black Friday...

it would be like Dawn of the Dead

I wonder if they'd get trampled if they occupied the one in Valley Stream?

They should try to Occupy Walmart in Queens on Black Friday...

it would be like Dawn of the Dead

I don't think the liberal empire of NYC has allowed a WM to open w/i its' borders yet...

I have seen people in Miami camping out in front of Best Buy since yesterday to be first in line...

You think one of these guys are gonna take kindly to a Protest?

This was not a well thought out plan by the Occupy nuts...

At least they were smart enough not to obstruct the Macy's Parade... They wouldn't stand a chance against all those Jersey and Long Island Housewives that camped out the night before to get the "spot"...

Wait till all the women looking for this years "Cabbage Patch" doll start to storm....

they were beating the hell out of each other over that back in the 80's :laugh:

Yesterday at a campaign stop, Obama came right out and said he supported them. This guy is nothing but an oil throwing rabble rouser that needs to go back to the community center. The worst part is, this idiot and his family will be on our dime for the rest of his useless life.

hey good plan. lets get these maggots on private property so we can arrest them for trespass etc.....no duobt they will be up to other nefarious things too, so we can get them on those too :)

the irony is they are probably communicating this plan using there Apple Iphones, I pads etc.....Apple isnt in the pocket of wall street nor is the service provider.

IDIOTS lol